Chapter 1

Marinette

It all happened so fast. First the invitation, then finding out she would wear a brand new gown from the Gabriel Agreste company. Marinette was ecstatic. She had been invited to Gabriel Agreste's annual fashion gala. Well, her alter ego Ladybug had been invited. She didn't care though. Either way, she was going to see her fashion idol, and some of his newest designs, that hadn't even been released to the public! She was on cloud nine.

"Marinette, we should go. It's almost time." Her kwami Tiki stated, grinning at her.

"Right. Tiki, spots on!"

With a bright red flash she was covered with a red and black spotted skintight suit. She dove off of her balcony, free-falling for a mere second before flinging her yo-yo out to grab onto a nearby chimney. She soared over the rooftops of unsuspecting pariseans, her heart fluttering. Oh right, Adrien would be there as well, most likely sporting one of his father's newest designs. She practically melted at the thought as she landed on the steps of the Agreste mansion. And of course, who else would be waiting for her none other than the Adrien Agreste?

"Good evening Ladybug."

He grinned, and a sigh caught in her chest. He had aged so well. When they were kids sure, he was hot. But that boyish hot. The Adrien that stood before her now, wearing a finely pressed black suit, was a man. He radiated heat from just how hot he was.

"Ever...Evening. I mean."

She looked away from striking emerald eyes, her heart sinking. That damn stutter.

"We're pleased you could make it. I'll show you to the changing room."

He extended his arm, and she shakily linked her arm with his. He smiled again, a smile that made every girl in Paris weak at the knees. Probably a few boys too. He led her through the doors, and surprisingly, his home felt welcome. Before it had always felt too big, too cold and formal. Beautiful golden lights were spread around the room, and a string of them led the way down a corridor. That would be where the ballroom was. He took her upstairs, passing by his bedroom.

"So, are you excited for tonight?" He asked, and she eagerly nodded.

"It was such an honor to be invited. Gabriel is one of my heros."

No stuttering! Hell yeah Marinette! She watched the corner of his mouth twitch, before another smile was plastered onto his face. That one didn't seem quite as genuine as before. Had she said something wrong?

"That's nice." He murmered, opening a door to their left.

She stepped inside, her jaw dropping in awe. On a sewing mannequin was a ballgown, the fabric a deep crimson color with black crystals sewn into the skirt. Her breath hitched, and she heard a soft chuckle behind her.

"I suppose you approve?"

"It's beautiful."

She walked over to it, running her fingers over the intricate crystal designs. She glanced back at him, sporting a grin.

"I can't believe I get to wear it."

He smiled, walking over to the countertop next to her. He held up a mask, and her heart started pounding. Wait... did Gabriel expect her to detransform?

"Uh..."

"Don't worry. The mask will hide your identity. And, I'm sure you're going to look beautiful."

Adrien. Adrien just said she would look beautiful.

"You're welcome." She blurted, her face burning at his compliment.