Chapter 7

Marinette

"I'm pregnant."

He seemed to be in shock, and she waved her hand in front of his face.

"Wha...how...uh-"

She sighed, leaning back against her headboard.

"I don't have to tell you how babies are made do I?"

His face flushed, and he quickly shook his head.

"No. No, I uh... I thought you were single. I didn't know you were with someone."

"Probably because I'm not. Yep, I'm still single."

He frowned, his gaze meeting hers.

"He... he broke up with you?"

She smiled, shaking her head. If only it were that simple.

"No. We were never dating to begin with."

"Okay. But I mean, he didn't ask you out or anything? Or are you going to co-parent? Or maybe-"

"He doesn't know." She interupted him, pulling her knees to her chest.

It felt good to tell someone other than Tiki. Someone human. He was close enough anyway. He shifted, moving a little closer to her.

"You haven't told him?"

She shook her head, avoiding his gaze. She knew he was judging her, just like Tiki was.

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"If it's his bab-"

"Chat." She snapped, she couldn't hear that again.

Tiki reminded her constantly.

"Look. I know I should tell him. Okay, I want to. But the way it happened... he doesn't even know he slept with me."

She probably sounded insane, and by the confused look on his face she knew she did. She couldn't explain everything, because if she did Chat would probably just tell Adrien and he would connect the dots.

"How could he not know?"

"He doesn't see me." She answered almost immediately, because she had been repeating that to herself since day one.

Adrien didn't see her. Not really. He was trying, she knew he was. But it didn't change it. He was blind.

"I don't get it."

She sighed, turning her gaze to a stray thread on her blanket.

"It was at a costume party. He didn't realize it was me. He never noticed me before that night. If I tell him... he'll know. I need him to see me before then."

Chat sat back, shaking his head.

"Who is it?"

"Not telling."

"Is he in your class?"

She hesitated, deciding whether or not to lie.

"So he is."

Stupid cat.

"Okay. Maybe he is. Please don't go looking. This is something I have to do on my own. Okay?"

He nodded slowly, glancing around her room.

"Okay. But he needs to know. Have you told anyone else?

"No."

He turned to her in shock, and she rolled her eyes.

"Then I would have to explain why the father doesn't know, and I'm not telling anyone who he is. It would just cause trouble."