Chapter 13

Marinette

She watched him walk away from the doors, dialing someone on his phone. Probably his driver. Why was he acting so weird? She shook it off, starting to head through the bakery when she stopped. It was completely empty. She turned around, glancing at the sign on the door. The open side was facing in, meaning they were closed. They never closed this early. Unless they ran out of supplies? Impossible. They had a shipment the other day.

"Maman?" She called, worry settling in her stomach.

They would only close the shop in case of an emergency. Had someone in the family died? Was one of them hurt? She rushed through the bakery, yanking open the apartment door.

"Maman! Papa? Why is the bakery closed?" She shouted, starting to walk through the house.

Her parents were both sitting at the table, and she paused.

"Why is the bakery closed? Did something happen?"

"We think so." Her father ground out, and Marinette frowned.

Why had he said it like that?

"Is there something you need to tell us honey?" Her mother cooed, and Marinette felt her stomach drop.

They couldn't know. There was no way they could know.

"What are you talking about?"

Sabine sighed, lifting her arm up. She dumped out a bag on the table, Marinette getting dizzy at what she saw. The stuff Adrien had bought her. That had been in her closet. The pregnancy stuff. They found it.

"Care to explain?"

Marinette shook her head at her mother, tears swelling in her eyes. She didn't want to explain. She didn't want them to know. Not yet.

"I'm sorry." She choked out, looking away from the table.

"Take off your hoodie."

"Papa please..."

"Take it off."

She closed her eyes, her hands shaking as she pulled it off over her head. The bump wasn't that big, but it was enough for them to know.

"How did this happen?"

She held the hoodie close to her chest, her hands shaking.

"I..."

"Did you even use protection?"

No, and that was her fault.

"Oh my god. She didn't even- Jesus Marinette. I thought we talked about safe sex. I thought your mother told you about it!"

"Tom."

Her mother placed her hand on his arm, and he shook his head, glaring at the items on the table.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

How could she? She hadn't even told the father yet.

"I was scared."

It was the truth. She was scared. Terrified even. About having a baby, being a mom. All of it sounded terrifying. Her mother got up, walking around the table and pulling Marinette into her arms. She sobbed, burying her face into her mother's shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I was going to tell you." She cried, and Sabine squeezed her tighter.

"It's okay honey."

"Whose the father?"

"Tom." Sabine's voice was full of warning, and he shook his head.

"I want to know who the boy is. I mean what's their plan? Are they going to get married? Is he going to help her at all?"