iv. hold me while you wait

- 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚢 𝚕𝚎𝚠𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚕𝚍𝚒

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚

ADELEINE MARTIN, a strikingly stunning brunette sat under the fluorescent light of Derek's trailer as she ran her fingers through her hair while Derek got dressed in the bathroom with the door closed.
"You're going camping with Burke?" Adeleine stressed as she lightly scratched her head in amazement still trying to wrap her head around the concept of the day.
"Yes," Derek sighed beginning to get irritated with having to repeat himself for the fifteenth time today.
"Burke is going camping with you?" Adeleine hummed
"You just said that but switched - why is this so hard to believe? I told you that I loved the outdoors and after Meredith and I agreed we needed space last night I decided to take on a trip and burke agree to come along with."
"Aw, I love this. You and burke can bond and will become best friends!"

"What -" Derek began as he swung open the bathroom door stepping out fully clothed, "That is not what's happening, we are just men being men."
"Mountain men." Adeleine snorted as Derek glared at her while her phone chimed causing her to grab it and glance at the screen to see Christina's name on her phone. When she first joined the hospital she gained all of the phone numbers of her fellow interns almost immediately after she made up with Alex and they all bonded quite quickly except for Meredith who was still a little uneasy about the young brunette as she was constantly hung out with Derek and she found it suspicious that she befriended everyone so quickly but never used it against her as they were still friendly to each other despite that.

Hearing the girl let out a laugh, Derek looked up from his duffle bag he was currently packing to see her typing away on the phone.
"I invited you over here to help me pack and - are you even listening to me?"
"Sorry," Adeleine apologized with a stifled laugh sending her message in reply and tucking her phone away in the process" Christina just texted me asking why you were taking Burke camping because apparently he cancelled all the ORs for the day and she is not happy about it and besides out of all people in the city why on earth would you choose me to help you pack? I know nothing about camping."
"Well, this will give you an advantage of knowledge for when I decide to take you out on our own trip." Derek spoke causing Adeleine's eyes to widen as she stood up surprised, "hold on, let's back track for a minute - there is no way in hell I'm going camping. Ever."
"Oh come on, it's not that bad. Besides its good to go out of your comfort box every once in a while." Derek elaborated
"Yeah maybe to try a new technique or a new food but not to freeze to death in the middle of the night while wild animals try and eat you and give you diseases."

Derek glanced at the girl unimpressed, "there's more to camping then that Ads."
Adeleine crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow, "really? Go on then."
"You know what forget I mentioned it." Derek noted causing Adeleine to let out a knowing hum confirming she won the debate not knowing that Derek was still on the decision to take her on a camping trip in the future. "Just grab some shirts from the closet."
"That I can do." Adeleine noted before walking over to the small closet and digging through the shirts hung up wrinkling her nose at some of them since they were worn down and old. Derek packed a few essentials next to her in the room unaware that Adeleine herself was planning a trip to the mall at some point during their friendship.