| xxxiii: fear |

"Fear of a name increases the fear of the thing itself

"Fear of a name increases the fear of the thing itself." — J.K Rowling

K Rowling

T.W: Viewers discretion is advised as this chapter deals with some sensitive themes which can be a bit difficult for the readers to read.

Jaipur, India

It was finally the evening they were all waiting for. Akanksha pinned the pallu of her saree over her shoulder and then pushed a part of her hair over it. Loose curls were dangling at the bottom end of her hair. Setting a silver bindi in between her brows, her hand reached the sindoor that was there on the dressing table. Taking a small pinch of it, she filled a very small part of it in her hairline, enough to make it visible. Her fingers traced the edge of her mangalsutra and she looked at herself in the mirror and sighed.

It had been a long time since she had been to a formal event.

For the last time she retouched her makeup and then picked up her bag from the dresser and turned around to see Vihaan already dressed, sitting on his bed, scrolling through the phone. For a moment she couldn't take her eyes off him. The charcoal black tuxedo looked really good on him. He had managed to gel his hair and push it behind, giving him a dapper look.

"Vihaan?" she called him out.

"Hmm?" He looked up to her.

"Is this okay?" she asked, indicating towards her look for the evening.Vihaan got up from the bed and walked towards her. He looked at her from the top to bottom and blinked, not once but twice and then his lips stretched into a small smile. "You look beautiful," he complimented.

Akanksha blushed at his words and mumbled a small thank you. Vihaan regained his composure and stifled a small nod. "Shall we?" He asked, lending his arm.

Akanksha, who had still not recovered from his compliment frowned but took his arm anyway.

Just beautiful and nothing else? She thought for a moment but shrugged anyway knowing that it was his regular behavior.

Vihaan on the other hand observed her almost sullen face knowing that he should have said something more. But he couldn't for he knew that if he said something else he would end up doing something that would make things awkward between them.