| v: fight and care |

"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes

"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be a reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." -Lao Tzu

Jaipur, India

Jaipur, India

The week went by in a blur. It was a fun week. I was completely relaxed and eased the whole time. After a long time, I was having my much-needed break.

I was enjoying the late-night chat with all the youngsters whereas the older ones used to chill in their own rooms.

Vihaan was also there during the meetups. He was like a constant bee buzzing over my head. For the entire duration, he would stare at me. Oh wait, let me rephrase it, drilling holes in my body with his piercing gaze.

Funnily, the people still thought that I was angry at him. It was funny to see him being stopped by random people who would give him tips on how to live a happy married life. He seemed extremely pissed when he tried hard not to snap at them. I enjoyed every bit of it. My sadistic side loved to see him in that state.

Anything to cool me down.

I wasn't the one who enjoyed the attention. But Vihaan's constant stare would make my stomach churn and make me uncomfortable. People thought it was love, but only a few knew it was otherwise. His stare was cold yet deep. His face somehow lacked the mobility others had. His eyes would rest on a point, even a person, and it'd stay longer than an average person would.

His stare would definitely make people alter their paths not to cross him and stand further back than was customary. It was like the elongated eye contact demanded a greater degree of physical separation.

I couldn't help but ponder upon Shweta Aunty's advice that she gave me in the garden the other day. Everybody expects a girl to make her relationship work. They expect her to be the binding thread, holding her marriage together. If there is a personal feud, the wife should take the first step even if she wasn't at fault at all.

I come from the same society where people are watching you with hawk-like eyes. One mistake, and you will be doomed. If a girl refuses to take the first step, people say that it's her ego talking. But they don't understand that the girl is standing up for her self-respect.