2 Steps Ahead

We slammed the door and locked it as we entered.

"What are we going to do?" my sister said, she was obviously panicking.

"How am I supposed to know?!" I said, pacing.

"Well, we have to figure this out!" Hermione yelled.

"You've been my sister my whole life..."

"Exactly! No amount of words can change that!"

"But, you have to understand, sis, that I can't just ignore the fact that Snape is my dad," I said.

"But, is he really your dad if he wasn't there your whole life?" 

"I guess not, but if you really think about it, he was there. He knew I was going to go to Hogwarts. And, if you really think into it, everything he's done, could have been some strange attempt to protect me."

"Or- just hear me out- he could have actually stayed in your life!" Hermione fired back, " Are you seriously going to pick Snape over the family who has raised you?" 

"You don't understand! I can't just ignore the fact that my teacher is my dad, Hermione! I brought you with me for support, but if you can't be that, maybe you should leave..."

"I'm sorry! It's just: I don't want to lose you as my sister. We were raised as twins. Sure, we didn't look alike, but we did everything together," Hermione said, a few tears slipping down her face.

"We can still be sisters! Mia, Nicole, and Luna are our sisters," I tried.

"That's different, and you know it. Our life is getting turned upside down!"

"You think I don't know that?!"

"Well, you're obviously not taking it seriously!" Hermione argued.

"Oh, like this is so horrible for you!  MY world is getting turned upside down; not yours!"

"You were my sister for as long as I can remember, and only your life is changing. How can you be such a selfish bitch? Oh, and how about the whole Mattheo Riddle thing?"

"Why are you bringing him into this?" 

"You think I don't know that he killed someone?" Hermione scoffed.

"How did you know that?" I froze.

"Nicole told us," Hermione smirked.

"When?"

"Right before you woke up at our little sleepover at Malfoy Manor! She pulled us aside and told us your little secret!"

I was speechless. Even if I wanted to talk, I couldn't.

"What, sissy, cat got your tongue?" 

"Why didn't anyone tell me."

"Well, we didn't want to bring it up and hurt your delicate feelings."

"You know what?"

"What?" she asked.

"Thank you!"

"For what?" she spat.

"For helping me figure out a decision."

Now, she was the one who was speechless.

"Now, get out of my dorm, Granger."

The moment she left the room, I pulled out my phone. Thank God that I got all of them phones for their birthday!

(A/N: the italicizes are the texts!)

Y/N: So, you guys know?

Mia: What?

Luna: Know what?

Y/N: Please, just stop! I'm over all the lies.

Luna: What's going on?

Mia: You're scaring me, Y/N.

Y/N: I know that you heard about Mattheo's killing incident.

Luna: What are you talking about?

Mia: We're coming now!

Y/N: Don't come over here!

Y/n: Wait, you didn't know?

Mia: What are you even talking about?

Y/N: Nothing; I have to go!

Luna: Y/N, you can talk to us!

Y/N: I know <3! I got to go!

That little liar! She was always 2 steps ahead, but this was war. Everything had changed in a week. I didn't have a sister anymore, my professor is my father, Mattheo abandoned me, I punched Mattheo, and I think we're friends again. But... I can't do this.

I had no one to fight with; only people to fight against. That only meant that I had to win this even more!