Chapter 20 " Happy ending "

Vote, Comment, and Enjoy!

Stephen P.O.V

" I still don't think this is a good idea. "  Jackson growled as we walked to the prison cell that held Ellie. I rolled my eyes, " shut up we still have to find out why he did what he did. " I told him.

" I think I have a pretty good idea.. " Jackson said as we passed the guard that was guarding Ellie's cell. " Oh, if you would share please. " I told him sarcastically.

Jackson grumbled, " ...I kinda did something in accident?..." Jackson said unsure. I looked at him confused just as Ellie's voice sounded out in the room we just entered that he was in.

It wasn't like other cells, it was actually luxury not gray and black it was actually yellow and orange..bright colors!

" He killed my wife that's what he did! " Ellie yelled, he tried to stand up but the chains that were tied to his wrist prevented from doing so.

No! Jackson couldn't have!

I turned around to look at Jackson with a shocked face which made him glare at Ellie. " You know that was an accident! " he growled out.

Ellie rolled his eyes, " That's a lie and you know that! Your ass killed her on purpose! " he screamed, making Jackson snarl at him.

" Shut up! Jackson what is he saying? Someone really needs to tell me what's going on! " I yelled out frustrated about not knowing what they were talking about but from what I could understand, Ellie did all of this out of revenge.

Jackson let out a huge breath before pulling out a chair and sitting on it bringing me on his lap. I let him as he started explaining.

" About 1 year ago, I was sent out to take out some rouges here that were inside a house. When I got here this woman had a child with her and she was trying to get away. I knew she wasn't with the rouges and even if she was I wouldn't do anything because of the child she had with her."

I just listened to Jackson letting the words sink in as he shakily explained what happened to Derek's mother.

Ellie listened their were tears in his eyes as he listened to Jackson, " T-That's a lie! I saw you kill her in front of my child!! " Ellie yelled. I quickly looked at Jackson and he shot Ellie a glare, " Shut up! I'm not finish! " he growled as he started talking again.

" That's what I wanted to happen but I saw this rouges going after the child and the mother...the rouge got to them before I could...he said to pick which one should live...I didn't want to choose but if I didn't he would kill both..so I picked the child like the mom told me. "

Ellie was pacing back and forth shaking his head as he heard what was happening. " The rouge told me to kill the mother or he'll kill the child...I had no choose and the mother was...just standing there waiting for me to kill her...she said goodbye to her son and...I killed her " Jackson said as he looked away.

Ellie shook his head, " Why would she do that! She was to brave for her own good..." Ellie said, falling into the chair not to far away.

I just laid my head on Jackson's shoulder thinking about what Derek must have seen, I couldn't even think about it. His mother killed right in front of him..I don't think he recognizes Jackson thought which is good.

I looked up at Jackson, his eyes looking at mine before he leaned in kissing my lips. " I'm sorry.." he whispered.

I shook my head, " That sorry shouldn't be for me.." I told him. He sighed as he looked towards Ellie, ' I'm sorry Ellie, I hope you understand why I did it. " he said.

I stood up looking towards Ellie, " I forgive you. " I said to him before walking away with Jackson following.

Jackson came up to me, " I'm going to take care of Derek like he was mine just like with Riley. I think that will make up to it. " he told me taking my hand. I smiled leaning into him, " That's what you should be doing or else I would beat you with a bat. " I told him.

Jackson chuckled, " I'll keep that in mind. "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- 2 years later -

Derek P.O.V

" Alright, you remember what I told you?" Papa Jackson asked me. I rolled my eyes, " Yes papa Jackson! I think this is the fifth time you've asked me this. " I told him.

Papa Jackson was going to ask papa Stephen to marry him. I was happy to be the one holding the rings in there weeding, if papa Stephen says yes. Which I'm pretty sure he will, he can't resist papa Jackson.

" Okay! How do I look? " he asked me as he fixed the tie he had on. Papa Jackson was dressed in a suit with a red tie, his hand holding a banquet of flowers. I stepped back giving him a thumbs up, he smirked before he went out the door to the pool that had flower petals in it. Me and Riri had fun doing that, which reminds me she's supposed to be watching the door to tell us when Papa Stephen got here. He worked as an elementary teacher, today he had to stay late to finish grading some papers which was why today we had enough time to do all of this.

" Go help out little Riri, I'll wait here. " Papa Jackson said as he looked at the dinner that was in the table beside the pool. He was worried that Papa Stephen wasn't going to like it but I doubted that.

I ran to the front door were Riley was looking out the window, " Is he here yet? " I asked her as I started to look out the window with her. She giggled and nodded pointing to the now arriving car, I nodded and opened the door. I looked towards Riley and winked making her giggle, " Go tell papa Jackson that papa Steph arrived and the camera! " I told her which she nodded to.

I looked at myself in the window, I fixed the bow tie in the suit that I was wearing, then I went down the stairs to Papa Steph. Papa Steph looked towards me raising an eyebrow, " Derek? What are you doing and why are you wearing a suit? " I held back my laugh as I extended my arm. Papa Steph giggled before taking my hand, it was easy since I already reached up to his chest even being twelve almost thirteen.

I lead him to the pool where Papa Jackson was waiting with the flowers. Papa Stephen smiled just as Riley started recording with the camera, I opened the back door to the pool letting him go outside to the pool.

Riley kept recording as papa Jax kissed papa Steph. I could see Papa Steph was looking around suspiciously but papa Jax made him look at him before he went down in one knee. Papa Steph was already crying as he screamed yes jumping on papa Jax.

I smiled as Papa Jax put him the ring. " I want a boy to do that to me! " Riley whined as she pointed the camera towards me. I looked at her like she was crazy, " Riri! You don't need boys because as your brother I'm supposed to kill them. " I told her.

Riri giggled, " Okay Deri! " She smiled as she called me by my nickname.

I smiled looking at both of my dad's, " Life is good, right Riri! " I said smiling towards the camera giving it the biggest smile I could ever give it.