Chapter 22

"I would love to spend some time like this with all of them again."

____

Rose's P.O.V

The next morning I woke up to some strange sounds and sat up groaning as I rubbed my eyes. I looked down at the twins who were fighting with each other. Emir was pulling Elliot's hair and Elliot had ripped half of Emir's T-shirt by now. They were beating each other up as silently as they could, and it made them look like clowns.

My brows furrowed at their actions and I so wanted to get up and beat them both up with my slippers. Their eyes finally fell over me, who was staring at them with narrowed eyes. They both fell silent for a moment, still holding onto each other's clothes.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Elliot said with a sheepish smile. "What are you two doing?" I asked, maintaining my calm posture. "Nothing really. Emir stole my blanket-" "No! You stole it, you dips**t" Emir hit him in the head with his fist and they both continued to fight like kids.

I sighed and got out of bed, picked up a slipper from the ground and walked toward them. The next thing they know is that they were getting beaten up by me as I kept hitting both of them, earning groans and screams from both of them and causing them to grab both my knees to stop me. They both ruined my sleep just for a blanket? They're dead.

"You crazy sh*ts! You didn't let me sleep till midnight, and now you ruin my sleep again, because you can't control your sh*ts? You'd wish you didn't sleep here last night." I kept hitting both of them and they kept grunting and screaming for help.

"What's going on...?" The door burst open and in came all the other boys. "Elijah! Save us. She won't stop, my head hurts, bro!" Emir cried out and I hit his elbow with the slipper, causing him to scream again. They were both wailing by now and I was taking deep breathes to calm myself down.

"Tell these idiots... to stay away from me for the day... I need to calm myself down." I said tiredly to Elijah and threw the slipper at Elliot's head one last time before turning around and heading toward the bathroom, but not before hearing him say, "That's the girl you all fell in love with, right there" while groaning and the other boys snickering.

Everybody was gathered at the dining table and we were having our breakfast. They were all talking and laughing during the meal, but I was solely paying attention to my food, as I was really hungry. El's brothers had been convincing me to stay here today too for the past half an hour, but I'd denied them, saying that I had to go back to see what Robert would say about last night. I don't think he is going to change his mind and let all that humiliation slide, it's not his thing.

____

After college, I went straight back to the mansion and was met up with Robert himself. As soon as I entered, I heard footsteps approaching and looked up to see him there, now just a few inches away from me, his eyes burning with anger. "Why did you come back now? Shouldn't you be with that guy? God knows what you've been doing last night." He spat out, his words laced with venom.

"You were the one who brought me back here, and now you have a problem with me? And.. since when did you believe in God?" As soon as I finished my words, I was replied to with a hard slap landing on my right cheek, causing my head to turn to the side and I closed my eyes. My cheek started burning and I was sure it was all red already, considering my sensitive skin and his strong hand. I looked back up at him and from the corner of my eyes, noticed that the boys had gathered in the hall, watching us.

"That's all you can do?" I scoff, "I expected more." I said in a disappointed tone and he grabbed my collar and pulled me up and close to his face, his eyes sending daggers into mine. "You made a grave mistake by doing what you did last night, Rose. Do you think you can get away with it just like that?" He said and I smirked just to agitate him even more, which worked because his eyes widened with anger and the next thing he did was he punched me, causing me to take a step back. I touched my now throbbing lips and looked at my fingers to see blood on them. That was quite hard. I wiped my lips with the back of my hand and looked back up at him with full confidence, causing his anger to rise even more, if that was possible.