Chapter 95

Everything happened so fast

Everything happened so fast. We had all gotten the signal Aiden had sent us and wasted no time in moving.

Carter appeared with a rover and yelled at us to get in and didn't wait for us to settle in and stepped on the pedal. We made it a few yards away from the scene and the boys jumped out of the vehicle before it was even parked.

I knew I was wasn't ready for the scene I was about to witness but it was a punch to the stomach to see Aiden cradling what looked like a lifeless version of my best friend.

In the background there was shots being fired but I didn't care as I ran and didn't stop until I was kneeling beside my best friend.

My heart broke more (if it was even possible at this point) as I heard Aiden beg my best friend to stay with him.

"H-Hey, I'm here now, you can open your eyes." My voice trembled as I slowly reached forward to hold her hand in mine, using the other to push her bangs out of her face. "I-I'm sorry it took us so long to find you but w-we're here n-now." I sobbed as her hand lay limp in mine.

She looked at me briefly before her eyelids fluttered close and when her head rolled to the side, I let out the most gut-wrenching scream my body could muster. Justin who was next to me wrapped his arms around me and began pulling me away.

"L-Let me go! Let me go! She needs me!" I cried hysterically, my tears blinding my eyes. "D-Don't make me leave her p-please!"

"Bella, Bella I need you to snap out it!" Justin grabbed my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him. "Hey, hey we're going to take her to the nearest hospital. I need you to calm down so we can go with her okay?"

"W-What?"

"Look." He gently turned my head, the two of us watching as they rushed her body to the car. I looked back at Justin and managed to nod my head. He let go of my face and grabbed my hand as we ran after them. Aiden was no longer holding her as Carter gently took her in his arms but the moment he was able to, Aiden held her hand in his.

By the time we had reached the hospital, Aiden too had passed out but when I looked down I realized his hand was still holding hers. So now we had two people we had to sit around and wait for updates on. He had also been the first to wake up as his injuries hadn't been as severe. From the moment he awoke to after he had been discharged he refused to leave my best friends side and didn't want to do anything that didn't include being next to her. We had to force him to eat. The same applied to the rest of us. It was hard to consume anything when we weren't sure when she would wake up and get to do the same.

We knew she wouldn't be waking up anytime soon so preparations were made to transport her to a hospital back home. The flight was quiet and heavy. I let Liz and Jordan know of the updates and wasn't surprised when I already found them waiting at the hospital.

"How is she?" Liz asked, fearful of the answer I'd give her.

I slowly shook my head as tears welled up my eyes. "She's not good Lizzy. The doctors aren't certain when she'll wake up."