Chapter 78

#blacklivesmatter
____________________________________

I could practically feel the color drain from my face and felt sick. Aiden a dad of a baby from another girl? It had to be a nightmare.

"I'm sorry what?"

"You're a dad baby, this is our daughter." She grinned holding her up.

It felt almost intrusive being here and witnessing this moment, so without a word I quietly made my way to leave.

"Hey, where are you going?" Aiden asked gently grabbing my hand.

"I don't think I should be here." I whispered

"Please don't go. I need you." He pleaded. I saw the desperation and the immense confusion in his eyes and couldn't say no. So I nodded.

"Okay," I said. Aiden smiled and laced our fingers. This action was not unseen by Jennifer who's nose flared and eyes narrowed.

"Babe, why are you holding the servants hand?"

"She is no servant. That beautiful young lady is my daughter in law. And you respect her." Yolanda raised her voice.

"No. No, she has to go. You cannot be with her now that you know you and I have a kid together."

"How do I know she's even mine?"

Jennifer scoffed. "I knew you wouldn't believe me so I made sure to take a paternity test to prove it." She reached into her bag and pulled out an envelope. "Here, read it for yourself."

Aiden took it and pulled out the papers inside.

"What does it say?" His mom asked

"It says... I'm the dad."

"I hate to leave now but honey I have to go to work." Yolanda sighed. "We'll talk later tonight okay?" She said patting Aiden's cheek.

Jennifer raised her baby's hand. "Say bye to grandma." She waved her daughter's hand. Yolanda placed her hand on her heart and left the room.

"I don't understand, when did this happen?" Aiden asked

"Don't you remember? We got drunk one party and couldn't keep our hands to ourselves. We didn't use protection and you f|cked me all night long." She faked a moan. I felt the bile rise to my throat and stood up.

"I need some air." I said to no one in particular. I left the room and exited outside. Feeling like my legs were going to collapse I sat down on the front porch.

Aiden had s|xual relations with her this year?

I was well aware this had occurred way before he moved here and met me but somehow I still felt betrayed.

"I'm telling you right now. Either she goes or I'm leaving back to New Jersey and taking your daughter with me." The door opened and Jennifer walked out. "So what's it going to be?"

I saw the torn look on Aiden's face and answered for him. "I'll go. I'm sorry for causing problems between you two." I saw the victorious smirk on her face but nonetheless I left. I wasted no time to run up to my room and locked the door behind and dropped feeling a lonesome tear slide down my cheek.

How could this be happening right now? Right when I felt hope for the future.

My phone buzzed with a message from Bella asking who the girl talking with Aiden was. I lifted my phone and proceeded to call her asking her to come over.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Bella asked as she and Liz entered my room.

"Aiden has a daughter." I choked. "That girl is the mother of his child." I looked up at them with my tear filled eyes. "He told me about that girl and how horribly she used him when he was a sophomore, but I come to find out they had sexual intercourse nine months ago?"