Chapter 22

When Aiden and I arrived at the library for our last period, my friends are already there. Turning to face Aiden, I pull him to a halt.

"I'm going to try and convince Bells to have a walk with me so we can talk. I don't know if you want to stay here with Justin and Jordan, or go somewhere else?"

He glances at a table behind me before locking eyes with mine.

"I think I'm going to catch up with the boys."

Turning around I see he's looking at the table filled with the football players.

I nod. "Okay, I'll see you later then."

I'm about to walk past him, when he pulls me back. My body slams with his as he wraps his arms around me. My eyes widen at the contact, and my cheeks begin to blush.

"I'll see you later." He kisses my cheek and walks away.

Okay breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I take one final breath and walk over to Bella, who's reading along with Liz.

"Hey."

Bella looks up.

"Oh hey!" Liz says looking happy to see me.

She gets up from her seat and pulls me in for a hug.

Once she sits back down, I tun to face Bella. "Can we talk?"

She nods standing up.

"You two are leaving me?" Liz pouts.

"Sorry Lizzy, Bells and I have things to discuss. We'll try to come back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, why don't you go with Justin and Jordan."

She glances over at them, and as soon as she does, her eyes connect with Jordan who gives her a smile.

"Y-Yeah, O-Okay."

Bella hugs her.

"Bye Eli." Bella smirks.

A blush adorns Liz's face.

We walk out the library and simultaneously head for the soccer field. When we reach outside, we both kick a rock at the same time. Looking up at each other we smile, before running towards the field.

I find a soccer ball lying on the field and immediately run towards it. Turning to face Bella, I aim my foot and kick the ball towards her. She catches it with her foot and kicks it back.

"So, can I ask what's been up with you this morning?" Is the first thing I say, as we kick the ball back and forth.

She bites the inside of her lip. "It's not my place to tell."

I nod, understanding.

"I don't want you to think, I'm not happy for you. I really am, I just had someone in mind."

"Justin."

"W-What?" She says looking startled.

"You were thinking of Justin, weren't you."

She sighs. "I was."

"Why haven't you tried making any moves on him?"

"Because, he's stuck on another girl." She looks away.

I gasp. "No way!"

She nods. "And there's no way I can compete with her!"

She sighs as she walks to the bleachers to take a seat.

"And why the hell not!"

"Because! She's like the definition of perfection!"

I walk over to her and sit down next to her.