one

- Madeleine's pov -

I sit at my desk working on a stupid school summer project thing. English was the dumbest class ever made. I understand it and I pass with a straight A+ but I still hate it. Being forced to read something I don't want to read is stupid.

Math was even worse in my opinion though. Barely understanding it and passing with a D- was aggravating. I did everything I could to pass with a higher grade, but it would make it worse so giving up was the best option.

I run my hand over my dark curls and sigh, "goddammit man."

The sound of a loud truck startles me and I get up to see where it's coming from.

Looking through my bedroom window I see it pull into the house next door. The house had been empty for almost six months now. On the market for what seemed like forever. Seems like someone finally decided to buy it.

A motorcycle follows the truck into the driveway. Along behind them was a large moving van. Everyone piled out of the vehicles.

A man with dark basically black hair, slicked back. He looked to be around my parents age, forty or so maybe a little younger or maybe older. Behind him was a woman, light brown hair flowed behind her shoulders. She hugged the man and they pecked each other's lips quickly before opening the back of the moving van.

A boy probably around my age climbed off the motorcycle after pulling his helmet off. Same almost black hair as the man. He wore a leather jacket and combat boots. Ripped black jeans and a plain white t-shirt. He set his helmet down and fluffed his dark, slightly curly hair. He then went over to the moving van where the movers now climbed out.

To be honest the boy reminded me a little but of Heath Ledger.

Three children looking similar to the boy climbed out of the truck and restled around in the yard. Each of them shoving one another to get to the truck first.

Me and the boy around my age make eye contact and I rush away from the window.

I run downstairs to the kitchen where my mom and dad sit. "You know someone finally bought the house next door?" I say catching my breath softly.

"Really? Wow. Took 'em long enough," my dad chuckles and sets his phone down on the table.

My mom smiles, "a big family then?"

"I seen about four kids I'd say so maybe." I shrug, "not sure though."

"Hm, maybe their nice."

I shrug and go over to the fridge as my mom and dad continue to talk about the new neighbors. I grab a juice and head back upstairs. I knock on my little sister's door and walk in. "Few kids are moving in next door, Ivy."

She looks up from her phone and nods. Her brown hair bounces softly. She looks just like our mom, and so do I. One of our only differences was, I had curly hair and her hair was slightly curly but more wavy than anything. We also had different colored eyes.

My brothers all look just like our dad. Gabe who was eight and Jett who is twelve look identical and like a copy and paste version of my dad. Kane, who will be twenty-three in a few months looked like dad with moms hair and her eyes.

Kane and I are really really close and look like we could almost be twins in certain pictures.

"Why don't you take the boys and go out and play. Maybe meet them kids ya know?" I say as as lean against the door frame.

She shrugs, "I guess."

Ivy stands up and stretches before pulling the door open the rest of the way. She walks to the boys's rooms and gets them. I go back to my room and plop onto my bed.

Laying back I let a sigh leave my lips.

School starts in two days. Am I ready? Absolutely not. I'll be a junior and holy fuck am i nervous. Same old school, same old thing right? I hope so.