Getting Settled In

I lay in bed, looking at white painted wall around me. I was waiting for Evan to come home from school. It's a Friday which means that he got out of school at 2:35, and it's already 3:15. Nanang Kelly knocked on my door and asked if I needed anything, "Wala poNanang. Thank you, though."

"E, juice, Atara, gusto mo ng juice?" She cracked the door open a little more and stepped inside. "'Wag kang mahiya, 'nak, ha?"

I smiled at her hospitality. "Yes, poNanang." As I answered, I heard a car honk outside of my window. When I looked out the window, I saw kambal step out of his red, fixed '96 BMW. He looked up at me and made a face while motioning for me to come downstairs. Before I got out of the room, I checked the window again, and I saw that behind his Beamer was a white Chevrolet Colorado making its way to park next to the Beamer. I stayed just a little bit longer for 2 tall guys stepping out of the truck.

I walked out of my room and down the marble stair case towards the living room area. I saw no one in the room so I walked towards the dining room where my cousin was seated in front of the 2 guys from the Chevy. "Hi." I mumbled, taking the seat next to Evan.

"Kambal, these are my friends, Ezekiel and Igi." Evan said. The 2 boys waved to me and Ezekiel cleared his name as Kiel. "We're actually going to go have a road trip to Tagaytay, make sama with us, naman!"

Kiel and Igi nodded along with Ev. I shrugged and told them I'll just change into sweats and a hoodie.

Within 30 minutes, we were already in Kiel's Chevy and on the way south to Tagaytay. I laid back in the front seat as Evan and Igi took the courtesy to sit in the back. If this was what life is going to be here in the Philippines, then let's do this right!