5

If you will be on a dark countryside hill some night, look up at the sky. A faint strip of light arcing aloft may appear, resembling milk poured across the sky. The ancient Romans called it the "Milky Way." Of course, the band of light you see isn't truly milk—it's the galaxy. A galaxy is a massive cluster of stars in space. 

The Earth is around midway between the Milky Way's centre and its outer edge. So you have to decide which way you want to go.

Kyle was unconcerned about where he went as long as he saw something new and confronted new obstacles. It was sufficient for him. As a result, he stood beside the road, where hitchhikers wait for someone to pick them up along the route.

***

On Earth, it's a scorching summer day, which makes your whole body sweaty. Waiting down the road for some spaceship is the most annoying thing that can happen to the person in summer.

Things didn't turn out as Kyle imagined. He thought he will wait a little bit and some talkative aliens will take him with them. He was wrong after all. 

Waiting under the parching sun for long days, nobody stopped their spaceship to take him. After all, even aliens don't want to take some strangers to their comfortable spaceships.

It was the third day of waiting. Kyle was getting really exhausted and bored as time passed. He was considering quitting the journey and going back to his comfortable bed and drinking cold water from the tap. Sun was burning his skin ruthlessly. After three days his face became very tanned, and it made him look strange. The thought of buying a cooling device came to his mind. maybe if he had a device with him it was more bearable to wait here.

Nowadays the well developed cosmic world has every device for every circumstance. Cooling devices for hot weather, warm jackets for freezing nights, even devices for scratching your back. If you have the money you can buy anything for your any need. But for hitchhikers extra expenses and heavy loads were needless. Therefore they only took all the necessary stuff with them.

What do you need while travelling to the cosmos you may ask? Let's get know from Kyle's carriage what he had for a lifelong journey:

4 underwear, a pair of Merino wool socks,3 shirts, a fleece, hiking shoes, a pair of flip-flops. 2 convertible pants, light shorts that he could use to sleep, to swim or to wear occasionally, a bandana to protect his head, a light raincoat, a lightweight travel towel, an emergency blanket, an electronic camping tent( cheapest one which only can pitch itself ), hygiene products, an electronic watch have every important feature to help travel around the galaxy, device that can turn into any type of utensils you want to, first aid kit and so on.

Of course, many experienced cosmic travellers can realise that it looks simple travelling pack for travelling to the Earth. There may be some things missing or extra for this type of journey. As you guys may realise Kyle was a lazy person when it come to certain things. He didn't have the patience for researching some things properly. He just searched what he need to put his pack on the internet, opened the first article about hitchhiking and didn't bother himself for further researching.

As time passed Kyle started questioning his purpose here. Why does he do this? Because he fell in love with someone or his life was upside down? But was his life is upside down? Worked under normal conditions, without any danger and any hassle. Not many people have that comfortable life balance at all. Is it worth going on a long journey that nobody knows what will happen to him? What if he will fail? What if something bad will happen to him and he won't able to experience anything at all. 

Then why he is going on a journey? Is there something worth going to? 

He remembered that he went on this journey because he hoped he will see her again. 

" Don't make me laugh, you won't see her again. Can you see this huge Milky Way? There are billions of planets here with their own stars. Do you think you can find her? Stop wasting your time and go back to your normal life. After all, this adventure won't give you anything valuable."

He has confusion in his thoughts. Kyle didn't want to give up that easily but all his thoughts were devouring him and changing his mind. 

...

- Hey buddy, it's very hot here, isn't it?

Kyle turn around his back and saw the tall guy standing in front of him. He was 2 feet tall, skinny but with strong body structure, teeth like predators, big marble blue eyes and small square-shaped ears, slit gills on his throat for breathing.

The guy was looking at him with a wide wild smile. He was looking like a predator ready to bite someone. He also has a travel backpack on his shoulders and wearing a bronze torn T-shirt and worn-out grey shorts. He also was alien from another planet, and Kyle wondered which planet he is from.

The fun fact is that most species don't know which being is from which planet. Because it is almost impossible to learn about other planets. You can simply search about this being on the internet or ask where is he from. Educational institutions decided to stop teaching people about memorising stuff and instead taught children how to search for the information they need.

So Kyle knew he was an alien but didn't know where he is from. He just looked at him surprisingly.

- I guess you are not talkative fella. How long have you been waiting here?

- I guess 3 days...

- Hmm well that's not much. I remember waiting more than ten days. You know it depends on the planets. Some species are really eager and kind to take you with them but some are sulky and mad that don't pay attention to hitchhikers like us. Once I remember there was a couple who was going to kill me because I asked if I could join their car. Can you believe how crazy aliens are out there? Especially people from the Buzzards star system are the worst. They are so cold and unfriendly... I don't recommend going there. Is it your first time hitchhiking?

- mmm Yeah it is the first time.

-Yeah, I can understand from your new clothes, real experienced hitchhikers always wear worn-out clothes. You should see my friend Dardanelles, he is a real hitchhiker. He has been almost a hundred thousand planets in Milky Way. He once said that he was been in the multiverse and talked himself there. Lucky bastard! Doesn't he?

- Maybe

-Hah I see you are not talkative fella. I can bet that you're the type who needs time to get used to someone so he can socialise with them normally. You see travelling alone is the worst. Cosmos is a beautiful place to travel and enjoy. But it is the most enjoyable when you travel with someone and share your experience with that person. So believe me you need to be more sociable if you wanna enjoy and survive this path...

He looked at Kyle who is quietly was thinking, put his arm around his neck and continued merrily:

- It is settled! You must join me and travel together for a time being. You are an amateur hitchhiker who needs guidance. I can't let my fellow hitchhiker get on the wrong track. Don't worry buddy! It will be an awesome adventure. After all, you are travelling with me. Famous hitchhiker "Awesome Macallan". I will show you how fun is travelling the universe.

It was the beginning of the amazing adventure. Full of actions, dangerous moments, interesting aliens and wonderful memories.

 Full of actions, dangerous moments, interesting aliens and wonderful memories