Chapter 3

Wills POV:

As I sit in the back of Becky's car, I start to get worried. I have 5 older brothers and a father. I've had older foster brothers before and my experiences have been less than pleasant. I try to push down my fear and go to sleep like Luca beside me. We've already been on the road for an hour and Becky had said that the trip would take 8 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, we're here," Becky said, looking back at us as we woke up.

It feels like there are a thousand tiny butterflies flying around and around in my stomach. I take a deep breath as I look out the window.

Holy shit!

That is one huge mansion! I look at Luca to see his jaw drop as well.

Even though the house is huge, I'm still insanely nervous about its occupants. Luca however seems to have no reservations as he jumps out of the car and eagerly looks up at the front door. I slowly follow him, grabbing my backpack as I look at the ground. I've learned not to be deceived by appearances.

When I look up again, I see figures emerging from the mansion.

"What's wrong?" Luca looks up at me eagerly, noticing my uneasy face.

"Nothing," I say playfully, ruffling his hair.

What could possibly be wrong?

What I want to say is that there are a thousand things that could go wrong.

For starters, there are 5 of them, 5 older, stronger men. I'm generally considered tall at 6' 1'', but even just looking at these guys as they approach tells me I'd have no chance against them.

To be honest, I don't really care what they do to me, it would probably be nothing that happened before. It's Luca I'm worried about. He's so small and I probably couldn't protect him from one of them, let alone multiple.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure the system wouldn't take us back since they're technically my biological family. I know Becky is glad I've finally found a place where I'll stay.

"Nice to meet you, you must be Vincent, we spoke on the phone," Becky's voice brings me back to the present as I see her shaking someone's hand. I'm guessing this person is Vincent. That means he's my father. Becky briefed me on all of them before.

Looking at all of them right now, I think that Leo and Kaiden will be the biggest problems. Leo is giving me a death stare, like if I make a move he'll whip out a gun and shoot me dead.

Kaiden also seems to be a bit off, although he's hiding it well. He definitely worries me less than Leo, who still seems to be challenging me to stare off.

I decide to be immature and take him up on his silent proposal, fixing him with an icy stare of my own.

"Boys, why don't you introduce yourselves," Vincent's deep and commanding voice seems to knock some sense into Leo as he sends me one more glare before speaking.

"I'm Leo."

Called it.

"I'm Jaden, it's really great to meet you guys," the one next to Leo says while sending him an elbow in the side.

"I'm Kaiden," the next boy in line says quietly, raising his hand as a small greeting. Right again! He definitely is keeping something from his family. But he doesn't seem like as much trouble as I pegged him for. If I stay out of his way, I think he'll stay out of mine.

"I'm Theo. I'll be going to school with you so I can show you around and stuff." Theo gives me a smile. He must play some sport, a Elk Valley Lions athletics jacket is draped over his shoulders.