E I G H T E E N

The ride to the party hasn't resulted in much. Topper was driving meaning him and Kelce were singing Doja Cat off key in quite possibly the most girly voices they could manage. Rafe's hand has been tightly wrapped around my upper thigh, the only movement being when his middle finger would rub soft circles on the denim fabric covering my inner leg. 

Another out of key song and we had finally arrived at the underage kook party of the year. Every year someone from the kook academy throws a huge party after Midsummers, it usually ends up in a shit show before the night is over.

"We've arrived bitches" 

Topper yelled slamming his door in the process. 

Rafe let go of my hand as Kelce swung the front door of the house open, sending the smell of beer through our noses. Flashing lights and fog set the scene as the song that was playing over the house system was now coming to an end, causing the vibrations to halt for a moment.

It wasn't long after we stepped into the house that Rafe had been swept away by some of his other friends leaving me alone with Topper and Kelce once again. 

"You want a drink, Mads?"

Topper was giving me a concerned look. Maybe because Rafe had left me with Topper when he didn't trust him 5 minutes ago, or maybe because the look on my face simply read as uneasy. 

"Yeah that would be nice, I'll- um- walk with you" I stuttered watching Rafe's head disappear completely before turning to meet Toppers gaze. 

Kelce offered to go off and find Rafe for me but I didn't want to be that girl already. Who knows what Rafe had even labeled us at this point. If he needed his space I would give that to him. But I can't say it didn't bother me seeing as every time him and Emily were at a party they were always attached at the hip. 

Minutes felt like hours and still no sign of Rafe. Topper, Kelce, and I had now found ourselves at a beer pong table slamming back cups left and right. The thought of Rafe somewhere with someone else was slowing fading away when I heard his voice again. 

"Maddie, what the hell are you doing?"

I refused to meet his eyes as his large hand met with my waist. 

"Playing beer pong" I slurred back to him giggling at the cup I had just made

"Well how about you step away from the table and let the big boys play, that's not a game for pretty girls now is it?" 

His voice was low almost like a hiss. Rafe had now backed me up away from the table and someone quickly filled my place, though the other guys gaze never left the sight of me.

"What do you think you're doing? Getting drunk with other men Maddie, really?" He was now running his large hands through his already messy hair before meeting my eyes again.

"It was a game Rafe, and who knows where the hell you were. We are not even dating"

I quickly regret the last words to leave my mouth as Rafe's grip now consumed my upper arms. His eyes filled with lust and anger as his palm reached my jaw bone gently brushing the hair out of my face before pulling me towards him placing his lips to mine. As my eyes closed the room began to spin, allowing me only to focus on the Cameron boy before me. 

I whimpered as the warm lips parted from mine leaving me staring in a daze as Rafe took steps away from me. It didn't take long for my eyes to adjust and realize that ALL eyes were on us and the scene that was unfolding between us. 

"You know where to find me when you want to be serious about this Maddie. I hate how much I fucking adore you" he almost coos at me, though there is so much anger behind his words. 

Rafe continued to take steps backwards out of the kitchen till he met the door way. One last look into my eyes and he was gone. It didn't take long for my feet to pull me in the direction the blonde had just went, quickly leaving all the prying eyes nothing left to look at. 

Opening the front door my face was met with the cool night once again. Rafe's back was facing me as he leaned up against Topper's Jeep, staring out towards the ocean. 

"You know, we gotta stop going to parties if all we do is fight at them" I let out a light laugh, finally reaching the curb in which the Jeep was parked. 

"I'm tired of fighting with you, Maddie."

He responded without turning around. 

"I'm tired of this little fucking game we play."

"Do you know how many times i've wanted to grab you and kiss you in front of all those guys in there over the years? If I thought for a second it meant they would quit fucking you with their eyes and realize that you're mine"

I had no words to respond to the Cameron boy right now, so I just decided to let him continue.

"You know how long I've waited to do that shit in front of my friends? Do you know how long I've had to sit and watch other guys flirt with you and wonder if they had managed to touch your body the way I do" he spit venom with each word as he made himself more angry with each thought. 

He started taking steps closer to me as his voice lowered back to it's normal tone.

"You don't know how many nights I sat up thinking of you on top of me when you left the party without me. I want you Maddie and I always have, I'm sorry I'm a fuck up but I'm trying to fix it now so stop being so fucking difficult"

I placed my lips on is before he could utter another word. 

"You do have me Cameron, in some way or another you always have." I felt his smile on the crook of my neck, sending butterflies down into my stomach. 

"Then be my girlfriend" 

he muttered not bothering to lift his eyes to meet mine as he traced circles with his thumbs on my exposed hip bone. 

"I thought you'd never ask" I giggled, pulling Rafe's hands around to meet my own, pushing them up together between our chests. 

"I've never wanted anything more baby" he pulled our arms behind his back as he leaned down to attach our lips once again. 

But the moment of bliss wouldn't last long as the reality flooded my brain of what it meant to be with Rafe Cameron. The drugs, the partying. 

But he could be fixed right? 

I could fix him.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! 

I've been so slow on updating and I'm sorry, I've lost my motivation slightly. Thank you for all the comments and messages it truly makes me wanted to binge write. 

I will be working on new chapters most of today so I can get on regular updates again!

Don't forget to comment and vote!