T H I R T Y - O N E

"Rafe" I coo

As his face appears on facetime. Kie is now silent.

"Hi baby" he coos, smiling his award winning smile. And wouldn't you know, there he was all wrapped up in his sheets still, shirtless, bedhead and all. Just how I had left him.

The look on Kie's face showed apologetic as she took a glance at Facetime, only to see Rafe exactly how I had left him.

"I'm so sorry" she mouthed, turning her head down to her phone where she was frantically typing. I'm assuming texting JJ about how wrong he was.

"I see you're still in bed" I giggle, him not understanding the double meaning.

"Just resting up for when I get to take that dress off you later" he winked, causing me to choke on my own spit before turning the camera to face Kie. A disgusted look taking over her face as she finally looked up from her phone. "Shit" he mumbles, hiding his face under his pillow.

"Hi Rafe" she says, shooting me a sideways look in the process.

"Hello Kie" he says from under his pillow. "Sorry about that" he finishes, peaking out from underneath it.

"Nothing I haven't heard before" she finally gives a full smile back.

"Well, I'll uh- see you guys later" she continued, removing herself from my bed.

Rafe finally removing the pillow and flashing me an uneasy smile.

"God that was embarrassing" he rants, as soon as my bedroom door latched closed.

"Speaking of said dress, when do I get it?" I question, sending him a smirk.

"Shit" he mumbles, for what feels like the 20th time this morning. "I was supposed to give you that before you left" he's now up and shuffling around "I guess you'll have to stop by and grab it" he wavers, smirking at me from the other side of the phone.
He was now holding up a baby blue garment bag, not allowing me to see what lyes inside.

"You always did keep me guessing Cameron"

"Im gonna go shower, so give me some time before you stop by alright?" He says, "unless you wanna join me" now his smirk is back and he's winking at me.

"Goodbye Rafe, I love you lots" I roll my eyes, hanging up the phone call.

My mind keeps playing to the small note Topper had left. Was he talking about Rafe? Or Sarah and the "two sides to every story". I needed to talk to him, but with Rafe and I's relationship officially on the mend and Sarah and I's friendship stronger than ever, I just couldn't bring myself to jeopardize anything.
.

It didn't take long for the day to get away from me, my parents were out of town once again which meant the house was empty like always. It reminded me of a show house, the ones JJ had talked about sneaking in when he wanted to be away from his dad.
I spent most of my remainder of time before the "date" down by the water, rereading some of my favorite books and watching the boats go in and out.

Rafe: you're still not back :(

And there he was. I hadn't realized it was now 5:30 and I still hadn't come back around.

Reply: sorry! Got caught up around the house, be there soon.

I made my way back up to the house and in to grab my keys before I was finally on my way to the Cameron Household.

Pulling up I saw that Rose and Ward must have finally made their way back, "Maddie, dear! It's so good to see you" Rose cooed. Pulling me into her for a hug. Her blonde hair lingering perfectly in place as she oddly smelled of roses.

"Hello Maddie, here to see Rafe?" Ward beamed, "he's upstairs waiting"

"It's good to see you guys! And thanks, I'm looking forward to it" I grin, earning one back in return from the normally angry man before me.

With another smile I was in the house and on my way up the stairs.

"Finally! Now put this one" Rafe rushed, pulling me into his room by my arm.

I rushed into his bathroom and began getting undressed, slipping the tight dress over my frame.
It reminded me a lot of the dress I had worn of Sarah's the night of Topper's party.

My phone started to vibrate, pulling me out of the memory of officially meeting JJ and the pouges that night, also the first big fight Rafe and I ever really had.

Top: did you get my note?

Dammit.

I couldn't respond. If Rafe knew he even texted me it would all be over. Especially since I didn't tell him about said note.

I slid my phone back onto the bathroom counter and ran my hands down my new dress, smoothing it down. I suck in a shaky breath and make my way out of the bathroom.

"So I'm thinking we pick up food from your favorite ital- whoa" Rafe stopped, turning to meet me in full.

"You look beautiful Mads, I'm one lucky guy" he grins, pulling me into a tight hug. Nuzzling his head into my neck.

"I've managed to love the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. and if the world ended tomorrow, my only regret would be not marrying you sooner" he coos. Placing a small kiss to the inside of my collar bone.

—————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter!
Don't forget to comment and vote!
Let me know what you guys what to see in the future or any other story requests. I've been obsessed with the summer I turned pretty, and have finished all the books as well, it's made me want to write a lot more

-B