Hotter Than Hell - Strange

Chapter Five – Strange

Monday….before I went for my class I decided to go see the schools therapist, I was told she was very discreet when it came to certain matters. These feelings I was having for Jason might have something to do with when I used to date my math’s teacher Ryan, perhaps I had some psychological issues with forbidden love that’s why I thought I was in love with Jason but I may not really love him.

I knew it didn’t make much sense even to me, but I hoped the schools therapist would give me answers to these forbidden feelings that was growing in me every day, I just had to get over Jason before I destroyed my life and his.

“Where the devil is that woman’s office.” I stopped when I took another turn and came to a dead end. I had been in this school for four years as a student and right now I was shocked that there were so many places that I hadn’t seen in this school. I felt like I was walking in a giant maize, searching for Mrs. Brown’s office.

I turned around and walked back in the direction I had come retracing my steps, I had been told her office was on the first floor and to walk straight down the hall and take a few turns but I must have missed a couple of turns because I had landed in some god forsaken place where I couldn’t see a soul since.

“Ok fine I give up.” I said, maybe this was a sign, that I wasn’t supposed to speak with a therapist, but what kind of sign was that when I still desperately needed help.

Every step I took I realized I had not come this way before.

“This is ridiculous, how does someone get lost in a bloody school.” I swore loudly, the sound of my voice echoed down the hall mocking me.

I checked my watch again for the hundredth time, my class would begin in seven minutes and didn’t want to be late again or Principal Adams would get madder at me, I was still walking around when I saw what looked like a trail of blood.

I don’t know what it is about blood but it gave me goosebumps, I didn’t like it one bit. Blood meant someone was always hurt which was never a good thing. Stupidly I decided to follow the bloody trail thinking it might lead me out of this maze I seemed to be lost in.

The drops of blood got bigger and bigger as I followed, was it an injured animal or was it a human being. Was someone really hurt in this school and my needed help? The thought of a fellow human hurt made me quicken my pace. The blood trail ended in front of a closed door. I look around trying to identify where I had ended up, because up untill now I had been busy following the trail. It looked like I was in a basement of some sort, I pushed the front door open and was immediately hit with this foul smell, I had to cover my nose with my hand to stop the foul smell from making me puke.

“God!!” I choked, was there a rotten corpse in here I asked, but stopped moving further into the room, when I realized what was around me.

Everywhere I looked there were hundreds of lit candles all around, lined in a circular from. Who lights candles in a school, are they trying to burn down the school building, but that wasn’t it, there was more, there were strange symbols on the floors and on the walls and they all seemed to be written in blood.

I shivered as cold spots zinged down my back, those writings reminded me of the prank messages I had gotten when I moved into my house a week ago. What could all these mean I wondered?

There were also strange looking statues around and golden goblets, one of the statues was a man and a woman naked and having sex. I felt like I had stumbled into a voodoo worship room. But this was a school! How did something like this show up in a school full of young corruptible kids?