Hotter Than Hell - Problems

Chapter Eight – Problems

This is going to be a long night I sighed as I stared at the heap of unmarked assignments waiting to be graded.

At the corner of my eyes I saw two teachers strolling in, they sat down on some on the empty staff chairs next to me, I on the other hand pretended I hadn’t seen them because they were two old witches who always poked their noses into other people’s business.

“They say it’s happening all over again.” One of them, whom we all called Mrs. Reid, whispered to the other witch called Mrs. White.

“I know but Principal Adams wants to keep it all under the carpet because he doesn’t want to cause a panic among the teachers.” Mrs. White said in a horrified.

Normally I wasn’t the type that eavesdropped on people’s conversation, but what they were saying sounded interesting and I was compelled to lean closer and listen.

“I’m just scared for my life, the first time it happened four teachers disappeared.” Mrs. Reid announced.

What!!!! I gasped nearly falling of my chairs, wait, were what they were saying have anything to do with the notes and the threats I had been getting?

“I know poor Jenna, she disappeared with the rest of the three teachers and we never saw her again, I knew her husband Paul, he nearly went insane looking for her.” Mrs. While said in an upset tone.

“And now it’s happening again and Principal Adams isn’t willing to admit it, if I were him I would invite the authorities to come and investigate before more female teachers disappear, he has to admit that Raven High has a serial killer who is after female teachers.” Mrs. Reid said.

Serial killer? In this school? that was preposterous, I had been in this school as a student before and I had heard no such thing! Although back then I did hear rumours about teachers been pranked which was why the first day I came here I assumed I was been pranked. But to be a target of a serial killer that was insane and ridiculous, these women must not know what they were talking about. They must be starting trouble just to get attention.

I rolled my eyes and tried to block out the sound of their annoying voices that was giving me the creeps with every second.

“Hey miss Kaleen.” Jason appeared out of nowhere.

“h-hey.” every time I saw him my heart squeezed and butterflies danced in my stomach, but I couldn’t be caught lusting after him when two terrible gossips were only inches away.

“It’s late don’t you want to go home.” He whispered.

“Er I just have to finish grading these papers, why aren’t you home by now, won’t your parents worry about you.” I asked.

“I live alone.” He replied dully.

He lives alone? He’s underage how comes he lives alone, “How’s that possible.” I asked.

“Let’s talk about this on our way home.” He said looking at Mrs. Reid and Mrs. White who were openly staring at us and gossiping.

I nodded, grabbed my stuff and followed hm.

“Goodnight Kaleen.” Mrs. Reid called.

“Er yeah goodnight.” I said awkwardly and followed Jason. Outside it was very dark; I assumed it was about eight in the evening.

“Let’s take your car.” Jason announced grabbing my left arm and steering me towards the teacher’s car park.

“Why….where are we going and why do you live alone.” I asked quickly.