•• Chapter Three ••

1859

  The months Vivian has been back from her boarding school have been some what lonely

  The months Vivian has been back from her boarding school have been some what lonely.  After hearing of her mothers sudden passing, when she had gotten back, she had confronted her father. Demanding he tell her what happened. That was the first time her father ever hit her.

The slap stung her cheek as she stunned back in shock. He'd been angry that she kept asking questions about it. She guessed he snapped and it left a red mark on her face for a few hours.

Since then, she knew never to push her father. He was unpredictable now. And she feared shed say something and he'd do it again. However, every once in a while, she didn't even have to say anything to get her father angry.

When he was drunk enough, all he'd have to do was look at her and he would be furious. She remembered one time, he wouldn't stop calling her by her mothers name. When she tried to approach him, he'd realize that it was her than he would hit her.
That's why, she would spend most of her time with Stefan and Damon. It gave her a chance to forget about her father for a while.

Now, recently, their hadn't been many incidents. He's Been occupied with new business regarding the town. Even though her family wasn't a founding one, her father was still close with each of them in their own ways. His connections differed and Vivian never knew how or why, but she never cared to ask. She wasn't interested.

However, as Vivian woke in the middle of the night to a sound coming from downstairs, she hesitated before removing her duvet and grabbing a robe, she grabbed a candle holder and slowly made her way down the long stairs and towards where she heard the noise.

Bringing the light closer, she steps closer, her feet hit something on the floor. Stepping back, she realizes it's glass.

"Father?" She called out, noticing his shadow past the kitchen. Walking past the glass, she stopped suddenly when her father steps closer.

"Go back to bed. I just dropped a glass." His voice rough. She sighed, shaking her head.
She would have just gone back, but even though he's been off, he was still her father and she was worried about him.

"You should get some sleep too, father."

She heard him scoff as she stepped closer to him, but she stepped back quickly when he suddenly stood up.  "I'm fine. Leave me alone." 

"Fath—"

"I said leave me alone dammit!" He moved swiftly as the back of his hand across her face, immediately she felt blood break out of her lip as she stumbled backwards. He left then. Walking up the stairs  without saying or doing anything more.

Vivian raised her hand to tough her lip. She was sure it would bruise a little. There was no hiding it from Stefan and Damon when she would see them the next day. She didn't have anything to do so.