•• Chapter Thirty Five ••

Vivian shook her head as the phone went to voicemail once again. She could tell Damon was getting irritated, she was too. Not just with Katherine, who've they've been trying to get into contact with for the past few days.
She knew somethings they didn't and despite all that she was, they needed her if they were going to figure out how to stop Klaus and bring back Stefan. Not only that, but if they did all that, she would be free of her threat of completion to forget....everything.

"Give me the phone." She demanded, after another call of failure.

"If she's not answering me, what makes you think she'll answer if it's you ?" He said, rolling his eyes as he watched her take out her own phone. Vivian scrolled until Katherine's named showed on the contact list and clicked it and put it on speaker.

"Vivian." The sound of the vampires voice filled both their ears and Damon looked ready to throw the phone across the room. "What a unexpected surprise. What can I do for you?"

"Kat, we've been trying to call you for two days, now." Vivian says, shifting in her seat.

"Huh. Weird. That's exactly how long I've been ignoring you two for."

"Jeremy Gilbert told us that you found Mikael." Damon said.

"Well, sort of. He's a little out of commission." She says.

Vivian raised a brow, "let me guess...."

"He won't eat. I've Tried everything. Gravediggers, mourners, mice, rats, bats, he's just not interested." Katherine complains.

"Funny. How does it feel to finally be rejected?" Vivian jokes, mostly to herself.

"Try harder. " Damon said. "We need him to kill Klaus...so I can de-rippefy Stefan before he destroys my house."

"Fine." Katherine said with a annoyed huff. "I'll try." The line went dead and Damon took out his own phone and called Elena. Vivian stood up and poured herself a glass of Whiskey.

"Yeah, so you might not wanna come here for a while. We have a new housemate. Barbie-Klaus" Damon informed her. Vivian opens her ears so she could overhear the response.

"Rebekah? She's living with you now? Why?"  Elena asked

"Because she's stranded. Apparently, Klaus left her in the dust after I name-dropped Mikael."

"What about Stefan? What's he up to?"

"Besides a twisted game of deadly twister?" Vivian said, crossing her arms over her chest, she gave Damon a small smile after he chuckled at her joke.

"Well, you know Stefan. Journaling. Reading. Shaping his hair."

"Come on, Damon, I can handle it. Vivian, tell me. I know your listing."

Vivian was about to speak, but Damon put his hand over her mouth to stop her, "Oh, is that the bell? Ring, ring. Don't wanna be late." He said, hanging up the phone.

He removed his hand and Vivian shook her head. "Real smooth. Why not just tell her? She said she could handle it."

"When have you known Elena—of all people to handle things...especially when it comes to Stefan, her evil-board-game playing ripper boyfriend?"

"Fair." Vivian mutters. "This is all messed up."

Damon shook his head. This was messed up. So many things were out of place and so many things were just our of reach. They needed a win for once. Damon needed his brother back and normal so he could be the fucked up one.
And Damon didn't even want to touch up on the subject standing in front of him.