nineteen.

SHE DID, IN FACT, end up sleeping a lot.

Maybe it was from the hours that Val and Kayla hadn't slept from nightmares, doing gigs, or going on nighttime trips, but it was three days before someone had come in her room and actually talked to her. Over two days of sleeping. Maybe Val should get in a talent show for that.

"Wake up, Val, oh my god."

That could only be one person in this entire universe, but Val kept her eyes closed. She just wanted to sleep.

"Valentina Isabel Rosales. Wake. Up. I didn't stop cuddling with Con for nothing."

At that, Val perked up, opening her eyes and rubbing them. "You guys actually fucked? I'm surprised."

"We didn't fuck," Drew hissed, standing up from the bed, and Val immediately rolled out so she landed at her feet. "You're disgusting. No, we just got together. No thanks to you."

"Excuse me?" Val sat up, frowning up at her. "I was the one who got you two to meet each other! There is no way that I didn't help you guys become a couple. Congrats, by the way."

Drew mumbled something under her breath as Val got up. "You left us for months."

"You didn't want to go to Tokyo," Val countered, stretching after she'd stood up. "So I went myself. Besides, I'm going to die anyway."

"I told you to shut up about that," Drew rolled her eyes, throwing clothes at Val. "Change. I've got drama to tell you."

Because she was such a loyal friend, she got changed before letting Drew drag her out of her room and out the Hermes cabin and to the Aphrodite cabin. Val knew that they'd gotten some stares at Drew dragged her over to the goddesses' side of the cabins and to the Aphrodite cabin, but she still wasn't prepared for the attention.

Drew didn't care. She opened the door to her cabin and they went in there, going over to her bunk. Val sat down as Drew dug out makeup, deciding to do Val's for no reason but for fun. They did this often, when Drew wanted to test makeup looks that didn't look good on her.

She explained the rundown that had happened while Val was gone the past five months. Damn. She didn't realize how long it had been.

Val felt like a whole different person, with the weight of her love for Annabeth Chase weighing her down, because the blonde was now dating Percy Jackson, which really just stung.

She was happy for them, she really was. But there would always be a part of her that would be bitter and heartbroken, even if she wouldn't show it.

Drew was going on about some Dumpster Girl — Val didn't know, she had been half listening, and the girl was probably new — and was now nearly finished with the eye makeup when Val heard the door open.

"Drew!" An unfamiliar voice called. "Why isn't your bunk cleaned? I told you this morning to!"

"I'm sorry, Queen of Love," Drew said sarcastically. Val could feel her rolling her eyes. "I've been busy."

"Drew!" The unabashedly female voice went a little higher than before. "Did you kidnap a girl and force her to let you do her makeup?"

"No," Val said as Drew started on her blush, probably, and she opened her eyes to see a Native American girl staring down at her. "I'm Val Rosales."

"The Val Rosales?" The girl frowned. "The one that Annabeth was worrying a lot about?"

Val stiffened, and Drew patted her face with the brush before going for something else — glitter. Val loved glitter. "That's me," she said quietly.