Chapter 9: ↳ second phase⁹

Tendou: She knows something is up. Time to move onto the second phase boys.

ATSUMU AND OSAMU exchanged looks, reading the message together. The blonde twin grinned, exposing his teeth as mirth took over his features. "Guess it's time to step up our game Samu."

His grey-haired counterpart's facial expression didn't waver, but there was a spark in those sharp steel eyes that spoke of a promise. Osamu loathed losing - especially when it came to his brother.

"May the best man win" he said lowly, a ghost of a smirk flashing across his lips.

Terushima chuckled lightly, running his tongue along his bottom lip. Carelessly dropping his phone onto the table, the honey-blonde man stuck out his tongue. "Sorry boys, I'm not about to lose."

Akaashi's turquoise eyes flashed to glance at the message that shone across his screen, the words searing into his vision and making him stop what he was doing. He pondered silently, moving his gaze to check out the timetable.

He had her tomorrow.

The ravenette went back to organizing his papers - a visible tension weighing down on his shoulders.

Oikawa smirked, pocketing the device and moving his attention back to his class once more.

Compared to the others, he was at a slight disadvantage since he only saw the girl once a week. But no worries, he'll show the others exactly what he's capable of.

All he needs is one lesson to prove it.

Ushijima stared blankly at his phone, face devoid of any emotion. Re-reading the message his eccentric friend sent, his hazel eyes hardened slightly.

He always gets what he wanted. The olive-haired man was not afraid to go for it.

And as luck would have it - his last class of the day just so happened to have (Y/N).

Bokuto let out a bark of laughter, tossing his phone into the air as he caught it, flipping and playing with the sleek device. "About fucking time!" he exclaimed excitedly.

To think he had a class with her today was incredibly lucky on his part. "I hope Tsukki wouldn't mind if she's a little late."

Tsukishima scowled, ignoring his phone and resuming his grading. Annoyance flared up within him and it was evident with how harshly he was marking the student's work.

Red ink decorating a large portion of the paper.

Sighing loudly, he dropped the pen and took off his glasses. The blonde man rubbed his eyes tiredly. Why did this have to happen? All this hassle and for what? Some stupid way to prove themselves?

For an intelligent man, he was surely stupid at times - and it wasn't helping his nerves to know that he was the cause of this stupid game.