Book Seventeen

Ryan

   I smiled to myself as I waited. Irene tried to paint my nails, or rather, she was painting it. Kristal was dressing up upstairs while we stayed downstairs. Finally, after sixteen years, we would finally be together, I just hope I don't mess up. I smiled to my myself, hopefully, I won't mess up.

   'Dad, can I ask you a question? It's very important to me, and your answer is very valuable since you are a guy.'

   'Is this about your boyfriend who I'm not allowed to know about–yet?' I asked poutingly.

   'Yes, but he is not my boyfriend and I don't even think he would ever be.' She said sadly.

   'Why? Did you guys have a fight?' She shook her head negatively. 'You guys were never dating?'

   'Uhm,' she sighed. 'I love him, dad, I'm sure you can relate with young love, right?'

   'Yes, I do,' I tried to touch her hair but she held my hand and dropped it on her lap. She was wearing a brown shorts and black tube top, her beautiful black hair flowing down and touching her thighs.

   'The truth is that this guy don't know… Didn't know who I really was…'

   'The nerd version I saw yesterday?'

   'Yes, that version. He fell in love with me in her face, he cares about me because I'm me. I showed him who I really am, showed him what I look like, but he was really upset. Dad, he hates me now.' Her voice broke.

   'He doesn't hate you, he's just upset. It's like this, falling in love with one person, one face, and finding out the person's face is different. It will take some time but he will soon realize that you are the same person at heart, body, personality, soul and mind. His mind need to register the fact that this face and this face belongs to one person. Don't cry, my dear, whoever he is will come around.' I wiped the tear from her eye before it fell off.

   'What if he doesn't? What if he hates me?' She sobbed. 'I don't want him to hate me dad, I love him very much.'

   'And if he truly loves you, his heart would be able to pin both person as one and love you needlessly.' She dropped the nail polish and crawled over to me, I hugged her for comfort.

   'If he doesn't, I can move on, right?'

   'Yes, you will move on because there will be someone out there who will surely love you for who you are and maybe next time, try going as you.'

   'But it makes it easier for them to love me, not the famous Dawn Dee.' She laid her point.

   'True, but it will also take them time to get use to the real you, so be patient with him, okay?'

   'I'm going to be seeing him in school on Monday, I am not looking forward to that.' She whimpered as she returned to her seat.

   'Maybe going as you would help, don't go as the fake Irene.'

   'And have people trample me! No, thank you.'

   'You seem to have forgotten that Bloom's school isn't just any school. As much as everyone and anyone is allowed to be there, there is a separate building for celebrities and extra rich important people, where you can all move freely without fear of being bulldozed by fans. You have spent all your educational life homeschooled, online schooled and finally went to school yourself as another person. It's time you try another phase of your life, going to school as you. There will be bunch of other people your age there, as famous as you and that is good for you.'