Book Twenty

Ryan

   When will Kristal believe that I'm not going anywhere? I will always be here. Waking up to me tied to the bed was one thing, she cuffing our hands together so we could brush, shower and eat together was another madness. Currently now, she was searching my house for all my travel documents. She won't listen so I'll leave her to do whatever that will calm her down. If she can find it.

   'Ryan! Where is it?!' She shouted upsettingly. I shrugged and changed the channel.  'Ryan, I'm getting late for work, where are your travel documents?!'

   'Come on, Kristal, I'm not leaving you and Irene.'

   'I'm not convinced.'

   'You know I love you, right?'

   'I love you too but I don't trust you,'

   'I'm not going anywhere,' I said exasperatedly. 'I have a responsibility here, responsibility to you and our daughter. Please, stop making me feel bad.' I pleaded. She stared at me with furrowed brows.

   'I'm still not convince but I will trust you in this one. I love you, Ryan, if you destroy this trust this time, I swear on every hair on Irene's head, I will hunt and murder you myself.' She threatened seriously, the intensity in her eyes made me gulp. She walked out of the bedroom, her heels clicking on the marbled floor. Where she got the spare clothes from? I don't know.

   'Wait up,' I turned off the plasma TV, stood up and switched off all the electronic in the house. I walked around the house, checking to make sure everything was off. I walked outside and smiled at her, she was waiting impatiently at my car. 'Why are you so impatient?'

   'I'm late for work.'

   'What work?'

   'I have to send the designs I have to Madeline and check on the goods I ordered for the orphanage and…'

   'What other important thing?'

   'I need to check on Leila, she sounded off in her voice note this morning,' she opened the door and jumped in. I walked over to the driver's seat and opened the door. 'Hey, you didn't compliment me this morning.'

   'Did I have the chance?' I sighed. Dating her is homework, one I must complete. 'You look beautiful, my love.'

   'And…'

   'Breathtaking, completely breathtaking.'

   'And…?'

   'You need God.'

   'Hey! That's so rude! I demand an apology, apologize, now!' She commanded. Bloom's advice reverberated in my head.

   "Kristal is a control freak, she loves dominating her relationship, love being in charge. The main reason she never found love or had a long relationship is because she always want to be in charge, want to control the man. If you are going to have a long relationship with her, you need to cut off her wings, don't let her control you, Ryan, don't let her see you as weak because she will get tired of you. I'm not saying you should always fight with her, just remind her that you have your own free will."

   I frowned and glared at her. 'Don't control me, I'm not your toy.'

   'I didn't say…'

   'Listen, Kristal,' I drove out of my vicinity.  'I love you, yes. I want you to trust me, yes. I need you to lean on me, yes. But I can't let you control me, put boundaries in what you can say and do to me. Remember I'm a man and I have my ego, you are bruising it.'