59-Heart Can't Do It All

As Cedric drove farther he finally managed to switch lanes. He was a few cars away from Axel still but close enough. Thirty minutes of chasing when Axel turned onto the beach. Cedric bit down on his lower lip nervously waiting to turn in as well. When Cedric arrived at the beach Axel was already out of his car and tussling with the search and rescue workers.

"Let me find her myself!" Axel screamed

"You can't go into the water without equipment! It's too dangerous!" The rescue worker yelled pinning Axel against the sand

Cedric ran out his car and quickly where Axel was so he could separate the two. He grabbed Axel and pulled him up. The rescue worker got up and dusted himself off.

"He's f*cking crazy!" He yelled pointing at Axel

"You're taking too long to find her!" Axel yelled

"She went through a current! It's impossible to find her!" The search and rescue dude said before walking away

"Come on let's go home" Cedric said

"They have to find Cedric! I didn't apologise!" Axel said on the verge of breaking down

"You'll get to apologise Axel, stop stressing yourself" Cedric said

Cedric pulled Axel away from the beach and towards the cars. Axel got back into his car and drove off. Cedric quickly got into his own car following Axel back home.

Axel arrived home in a rush. He slammed the front door shut before stomping his way upstairs and into his bedroom. Cedric got home and decided to get some sleep as well.

Cedric laid in bed staring at the ceiling with Lilith cuddled next to him.

"Hey Ced?" Lilith whispered

"Yeah Lili?"

"Do you think they'll find her?" Lilith asked

"I hope they do– it's not the same without Alora" Cedric said

"I agree I miss her. I miss Alora." Lilith said

Cedric pecked Lilith's forehead.

"Don't stress out okay? Try to get some sleep." Cedric said

Lilith nodded and snuggled closer to Cedric.

Where are you, Alora? Come back to us Cedric thought to himself

The next morning

The sunlight shone through the blinds. Axel woke up with a heavy feeling on his shoulders. Yawning as he climbed out of bed. Axel headed to the bathroom first to freshen up. After his quick morning rinse Axel exited the bathroom and glanced at his bed. It was empty; one side was for him while the other was for Alora.

Axel sighed heavily and put on a sweater and jogging pants before getting ready to sneak out to the beach. He wasn't so happy nor believed in what the cops had to say about her disappearance. Axel wanted to look for himself and he was determined to do so.

He tiptoed his way down the steps and quietly opened the front door but to his surprise the Gravano's were about to knock on his front door.

"Axel! Surprise! We came to see you and Alora!" Farrell shouted happily

Axel allowed Farrell, Irena and Rome inside. "Oh f*ck" Axel whispered under his breath unsure of what to say or do next. His schedule was already disrupted and he didn't want to cancel it for another day. Axel was determined to explore the beach and find Alora.

Axel guided them into the living room. The Gravano's took a seat on the couch.

"Where's Alora?" Irena asked smiling