8

Bradley found herself glancing at her phone every chance that she got. In her meeting, she hoped that Taylor had sent a message or some funny emoji. It brightened her mood and her day.

"What's got you so chipper all week?" Sally walked beside her as they headed towards Bradley's office. There were new highlights in her dark hair. And Bradley wondered if she was trying to change her look for her new girlfriend.

"Nothing. I'm just happy. Is it a crime to be happy?"

Sally walked in front of Bradley, making her stop. "Who is she? I don't think I've seen you ever blush over a girl." Sally cooed, grinning at the nervous woman in front of her.

"Oh, shut up. I'm not sleeping with anyone." Bradley slid past Sally and walked into her office. Sally followed her.

"So she's playing hard to get? Or are you?"

Bradley sucked in her breath and looked at the phone again. No messages. She threw her phone onto her desk and turned to her nosy ex.

"I'm not seeing anyone. Can't say the same for you. Even my dad knows that you're dating someone in this department."

"Really?" Sally sat down and stretched her feet out. "Does this mean he knew about us?"

"Yeah. I guess office gossip travels straight up the ladder. Good news is that he doesn't care. If only he can convince my mother of the same."

"Oh, honey, your mother is scary." Sally gritted her teeth. "Might be part of the reason I broke it off with you, so that I never had to be introduced as your girlfriend to her."

Bradley felt doomed, thinking about how many women broke things off with her because she was in the closet. "That's good to know. I'm assuming your new girl is out and proud and wearing a rainbow flag as a shirt?"

"Don't tease." Sally laughed. "She's pretty out there. You know Mel?" Sally looked towards the opened office door, towards the cubicles.

"Mel, really? She's gay. Wouldn't have guessed."

"Don't try stealing her. She's got a little crush on you."

Bradley grinned. "Really?" She wiggled her eyebrows. "That's interesting."

"Don't even think about it. She thinks I'm crazy for breaking your heart. There's a lot of girls in this building willing to spread their legs for—"

"That's provocative, even for you, Sally." Bradley shook her head. "You're the one and only person I've slept with here. And I plan to keep it that way."

"I feel special." Sally smoothened her skirt snd headed for the door. "Don't let this girl out of your sight, whoever she is. I like the way she makes you blush. It's cute."

Bradley turned her attention back to her phone, hoping to hear a notification. But still there was nothing.