Forever Mine

Lucy Heartfilia

I sighed, dropping my bag onto the floor and plopping onto the bed. "Shit outta luck again.." i muttered to myself, feeling my eyes begin to water. I was starting to lose hope.

Dammit Natsu, where the hell are you! 

"Shit!" I heard the sound of a bubbly curse word speak from behind me. My eyes widened and I snapped my head at the source of the sound. "Shit!"

I rushed to the little girl and picked her up from her waist to sat her on the bed, "Nashi! You can't say that!" I scolded my 4 year old daughter.

That's right, it's been four year -- almost five -- since Natsu has gone missing, and I've spent half that time looking for him. I named her Nashi Dragneel, just because she resembled her father so much. Pink messy hair, golden brown eyes, and tan skin. She was truly a mini version of us two, hence the combined names that created hers. 

"B-but mommy, you said it first," she pouted, looking up with me with guilty and pleading eyes. 

I sighed and shook my head, I really need to watch my mouth around my poor baby girl, or else she'll be cussing everyone at the guild out. "I'm sorry, baby girl, I didn't mean to cuss in front of you... Where is Wendy and Asuka? I thought they were babysitting you?"

She nodded her head and pointed at the couch where the two small girls laid sleeping. "It was nappy time, I just woke up before them!" she said joyously.

My daughter was the absolute cutest in this world. "Let's have them rest for awhile," I smiled brightly, picking her up back in my arms and grabbing my baby bag that contained all the necessities that I needed whenever I were to go out with Nashi. "Shall we go to the guild?"

After I fully recovered with treatments at Porlyusica's place, I was sent home. Home, as in the apartment I used to live at before I left for the Heartfilia Estate. James had offered me to stay at the mansion as long as I needed, seeing how I built that place with all my heart and soul. 

But I refused, I wanted to stay close to home as possible. Close to the guild as soon as possible. 

I pushed the large guild doors open, revealing my rowdy family who was causing huge brawls and eating to their hearts content. Except, the only difference is, there were now many kids running around. "Wanna play with Griege and the twins?" I asked and she nodded happily. I set her down and she quickly ran to her three best friends. 

Soon after me, Juvia, Levy, and Erza got married and pregnant. Juvia gave birth to a little baby boy, Erza gave birth to a beautiful little girl, both a few months after I did. And it seemed that Levy was already pregnant, unbeknownst to her. Making her twins, a few months older than Nashi. 

As for Mirajane, the start of this lovely trend, well their baby boy was born a year before Nashi. 

I walked to the bar where Mirajane was working and took a seat in front of her, and as per usual, she brought out a strawberry milkshake for me, my favorite drink. "Got anything for me?" I asked with a small light of hope into my eyes.

"Sorry Lu, no forest fires or any signs of a pink haired maniac running around lately." Mirajane was the person to go to whenever there was a mission request, and I had asked for her to especially save any missions that would sound like Natsu would be hiding there. 

I sighed in defeat, taking a large sip of my smoothie. "It's been rather quiet lately... and Natsu doesn't do quiet." 

Mirajane stared at me in pity and set the cup she was drying aside and leaned closer to me. "Don't tell Gray I told you, but he's also looking for Natsu."