Hogwarts finale

"Miss (y/n)!!! I am so, so, so very proud of you!!!" Mildred exclaimed as she dried the tears from her eyes. "Oh, Merlin! I still cannot believe you have graduated!"

"Mildred please, you're being too loud," Claude cleared his throat, side-eyeing the maid as he pushed your trolley down platform 9 ¾. 

"Don't be so cold, Claude." She frowned at the tall man. "It feels like only yesterday that we were sending miss (y/n) off to her first year at Hogwarts, I can't help but feel nostalgic. We've watched her grow up, after all."

You quietly listened as the maid and the butler bickered between themselves, and a smile tugged at your lips. Both of them had raised you in your parents' steed. Claude and Mildred were your biggest parental figures, and hearing them reminiscence about the past with you made you happy. 

"Miss (y/n)?" Claude took you out of your thoughts as he opened the door of a carriage disguised as a Muggle car.

"Sorry, were you saying something?" You looked up at him before boarding the backseat behind Mildred and him.

"It's nothing, miss. I was just informing you about the situation at the Estate so you can be ready when we arrive," he said as the car took off and turned back to its original form before becoming invisible and soaring into the sky. 

"Ready?" you repeated with a small gulp. "Is there something I should be ready for?" 

"Nothing grand. It's just that you've always had a habit of asking to know the occurrences of the Estate beforehand." Claude looked over his seat with a small reassuring smile. "Mr. and Mrs. are both at the Estate awaiting your arrival."

"Oh, they're there..."

Mildred placed her hand on your shoulder and squeezed it slightly. "You have nothing to worry about, miss. They've requested your presence in the tea room upon your arrival."

Some of the stress was relieved as you heard the location. You had grown accustomed to the patterns that your parents had whenever they wished to discuss with you. Meeting in the tea room meant the chances of it being a leisure talk were high.

The carriage went silent, and it prevailed for the duration of the flight back to the Estate. You stared out the window, looking at the large and dark manor surrounded by acres of forested land.

The (l/n) Estate, the bitter home you dreaded to return to every end of the year had a different feel to it now. Maybe it was because you had graduated and you wouldn't be under the authority of your parents for much longer, but it didn't feel as horrible to see.

Claude held the large black doors of the manor open as you entered the large welcoming hall with Mildred following behind with your luggage. "Miss (y/n), please follow me," another butler called out to you with a slight bow. "Mr. and Mrs. are expecting you."

You followed behind the butler in silence, mindlessly walking through the halls in a direction you knew by heart. He stood at the door of the tea room and pushed it open for you, bowing once again as you walked in.

Light shining through the large window illuminated the tea room. It was as you'd remembered it. With barely any furniture safe for the three dark green couches facing the table in the center. In those couches, your parents sat in their usual space: your father on the arm seat and your mother on one of the two cabriole couches.

Without a word, you sat on the couch opposite of her and took your designated tea cup, waiting for one of them to speak up. You didn't like how the silence built-up tension, but it seemed to be something your parents were exceptionally good at.

"(Y/n)." Your father finally spoke.

"Yes, father?" 

"Your mother and I, we're proud of you." He said before taking a sip from his cup. "Congratulations on graduating Hogwarts."