Shopping

Your eyes shot open that morning as you jumped off your comfortable and large bed, feeling super happy and excited. It had been a couple days since the engagement party, since the night the Sirius Black had kissed you, and invited you to spend Christmas with him at James' house.

Your parents had agreed with ease to let you go, not like they really cared anyways. All you had to say was you had been invited to a popular pureblood family's house to spend a couple days including Christmas with them, and that as an (l/n), declining such an invitation would be disrespectful. 

" Good morning mis-" Mildred walked into your room like every morning to open your curtains and wake you up, but she seemed surprised you were already awake. " Oh, miss (y/n)! You're awake! Please excuse me for not being here on time!"

" Don't worry about it, Mildred." You reassured. " I'm just very happy today, so I woke up earlier than I usually do."

The handmaiden nodded in relief and walked towards the foot of your bed, to where your suitcase was. " How delightful it is that you'll spend a couple days with acquaintances, miss (y/n). I have rarely seen you this joyful before."

Have you ever seen me joyful before at all? You cocked your eyebrow, but smiled at the maid. " Yes. It was very kind of them to invite me for Christmas. Mildred, is my suitcase ready? I forgot to double check it yesterday night."

" Yes miss. Everything is in there." She nodded. " I am just unsure, miss (y/n). The clothes you have packed would not be considered very professional in the eyes of Mr. and Mrs."

" Don't worry about it, Mildred. I'll pack something nicer for Christmas eve, I just didn't want the fabric to get too folded." You told her. You had mostly packed turtleneck sweaters, cuffed mom jeans, joggers and hoodies, as well as the necessary accessories for winter, so it was true you at least needed one mildly fancy outfit just in case. 

" Very well miss (y/n)." Mildred said. 

" Are my parents home? Or have they left already?" You asked like almost every other morning. Depending on the answer, you would be more free to take your time in the mornings.

" Mrs. has left for morning tea with the Lestrange's, and Mr. had business to attend in London, miss (y/n)." She recited. " Thank you, Mildred." 

You nodded. " Would you be so kind as to have my breakfast ready soon? I'd like to go to Diagon Alley to buy some Christmas presents before I leave."

" Of course miss (y/n)." The handmaiden scurried out of your bedroom and closed your door behind her. 

" It seems to be cold outside." You noted as you looked out the large window of your room before heading towards your closet to get something warm and classy, in case you'd see an acquaintance of your family in Diagon Alley, you had to dress accordingly. 

You went downstairs towards the dinning hall, where Claude the butler was waiting with food at the table. " Smells great, Claude! Thank you." You exclaimed. He nodded and left the room, leaving you alone to eat in the large room. 

You wanted to get presents for Sirius, James, and his parents personally. You'd never done that before. Never had you exchanged presents in with your parents, not even bought any for anyone. Usually, on Christmas morning, you'd wake up like every other day, but have a small box on your bedside table, which was obvious Mildred had put there on behalf of your parents. 

" Mildred." You called the handmaiden as she walked into the dinning hall hurriedly. 

" Yes, miss (y/n)?" She asked with a slight bow. 

" If my parents arrive and ask, tell them I have left early with Claude." You told her as you stood up. The butler appeared right on time, as always, and stood behind you, waiting for you to speak on why you had mentioned him.