Chapter 17: See In Different Insights

Batman watched a ghost terrorize citizens roaming the streets before Vlad came out and stopped them. His ghost persona could try to be a little more less horrifying. Then again, he didn't say anything because of how he dressed.

"You just suck them into a thermos?" Robin asked. "Yup, you have to weaken them first though. This is a fairly new death. This person died recently." Vlad stated hooking the thermos to his hip. "Why were they so mad?" Robin asked crossing his arms. Batman wondered the same thing. "I quit wondering that years ago. Every ghost has their reasons, best not to ask. Makes things harder for yourself." Vlad stated strictly.

"That reminds me, are you coming over Tuesday?" Batman asked. "Yes, those ice powers need controlling. It seems his body isnt reacting to it positively." Vlad stated rubbing his chin. His sharp teeth shined as he thought. Damian thought that was cool.

_________________________________

"Okay Danny, circular motions. Circular, like this." Vlad said sitting across from Danny. They were in an empty living room and in their ghost forms. Danny was floating in place because it made him feel a bit more comfortable. He made small circular motions only getting small compacted snowflakes. He was trying to make an ice ball but couldn't. Thinking of the coldest thing he could think of and incorporating it into physical material. Easier said than done.

He concentrated really hard and evened out his breathing. "There, right there," Vlad said in a low voice. Danny narrowed his eyes at his forming iceball. The snowflakes grew thicker and stuck together, growing around each other and into each other. Overlapping in ragged ways. "There ya go! It's not smooth but practice makes perfect. Well done, little badger!" Vlad congratulated clapping his hands. Danny smiled and held his rough iceball in his hands. The cold field surrounding this didn't really bother him (why do I regret this sentence?). Danny decided to eat it.

"How long do you plan on staying?" Danny asked leaning forward. Vlad leaned back and whistled. "Hm, maybe two more days. Clockwork needs me back home soon. He gets lonely when I'm gone for too long." Vlad stated, a faint green hue coloring his cheeks. "Did be know?" Danny asked nervously.

Vlad looked down at Danny and sighed. Of course, Clockwork knew, he knew everything. If Clockwork knew something important, he knew if or when he should tell. Apparently, Danny's disappearance was a secret. A secret from everyone but Youngblood.

Danny and Youngblood were stuck together like glue. That was something everyone knew, if you hurt one then expect the other to be right behind them ready to end you.

"Yeah, but he never told me what happened afterwards. I can't be mad at him, he has rather strict rules to follows." Vlad responded, his voice cracked. He looked away, anywhere but at Danny. He could feel and hear ice crack and form across the carpet. Sharp and thick ice. "I understand." Danny said quietly, he wasn't happy but he truly did understand.

"How about we go show Mr. Wayne your achievement... or what's left of it." Vlad suggested looking down at the half eaten ice ball. Danny licked it with a smile and gulped. "I don't think we'll make it." He giggled.

Vlad sighed and cracked a small grin.

________________________________

Damien sat with Tim drinking a coke listening to stations about nonsense looking for any trouble. He was rather bored and his impatience was getting the best of him.

"So," Tim sighed, "how have you and Danny been?"

Seeing them talk, though unable to listen, over the cameras was a rather amusing experience. For both Tim and Bruce. Alfred had recorded it for whatever reason he had. "Fine, I've gotten over the fact that he likes wearing dresses. Did you know his ghost form takes what he's wearing and changes it's color? He said it took a while to practice that." Damien explained and sucked on his straw. He lightly kicked his legs as he sat on the ledge of the building.

"Um, why isn't Bruce here, again?" He changed the subject. Tim looked below and ran his fingers through his hair. "He said he was looking for information on that place Danny keeps talking about, the 'Ghost Zone'." Tim replied sounding tired. He yawned before the radio went crazy with loud police yelling about a robbery. "That's our call."

________________________________

Bruce ran his hands roughly through his hair and sighed irritated. You can't do research on something that had no tracks. The only two things he has that could help were Danny and Vlad, guess which one he wasn't fond of asking information from? Guess which one he didn't much trust with the information being given?

Alfred had set down a coffee, an hour ago, and stared at the screen. Bruce didn't touch it or bother to look at Alfred.

If he could figure out what this ghost place was then he could have a better understanding of Danny and, possibly, Vlad.

Wait...

There was the GIW.

But their information was biased. The only factual and truthful information he could get was scientific, some be more graphic than others. "Alfred," he spoke, "make sure no one leaves this house. I have very important people to see." Bruce stated, the irritation clear in his tone.

Time to see some people that he despised.

________________________________

Danny twirled in his new black dress covered in constellations. Bruce hadn't bought this, Alfred did. He had bought it from a boutique down in the nicer parts of Gotham. He had it specially made.

Alfred wouldn't admit it directly, but he liked having another child in the house. One that didn't cause trouble purposely so he'd get attention *cough Damien cough* (brought back memories of Grayson).

He was actually amused by Danny's constant need to help him clean and cook.

"My mom used to put nutmeg in cookies"

"Jasmine used to make sandwiches for me. She never liked the crust so she'd take it off."

"Sam used to say that her mom said that a clean house was a happy house."

"Tucker used his mom vacuum and toaster to make a sensor for ghosts. She wasn't happy."

"Dad used to forget to eat after working for so long and mom would call him upstairs to eat. She told me that eating was important."

Danny was always talking about his past life with such sincerity and fondness. Alfred loved hearing his stories, it was amusing. Plus, the work load was faster. Danny helped with the dishes, vacuuming, cooking, and, sometimes, he'd help with baking (licking the spoon). Danny was constantly asked for something to do with Alfred.

Alfred, though loving it, was upset. He could tell that Danny was being reminded of his family and friends. All of them through the power of cleaning. Through a seemingly good cause he was coping, but was this considered healing?

Healing took time, patience, and understanding. Something Alfred learned young child didn't fully understand. Why did it always have to be young children?

"You look beautiful, Master Daniel."

Danny beamed and spun clumsily. Alfred held a small smile and sighed.

"This is so pretty, Alfred. Thank you! I've never had a dress like this before!" Danny said, almost squealing. He giggled as he twirled it once more.

"You're welcome, Master Daniel."