𝟐𝟏. 𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐀

"Back to OBX life." Kie said, walking towards the grass while the three, uncomfortable teens followed behind her. "I'm glad that we are doing something normal for once."

Pope walked in-between JJ and Elle, keeping them separated. Once Elle caught sight of JJ looking at her, she moved up next to Kie.

The blonde tried to keep up with Kiara's fast pace so she wouldn't fall behind with JJ and Pope anymore. "Yeah, I always like movie nights." She smiled while she silently reassured herself.

Elle glanced around anxiously when no one was looking, knowing that Rafe and Topper would be at the movies.

"We're out of the safe-zone." Pope mumbled to JJ, who's focus was on the blonde walking in front of them. "There's Kook's everywhere."

The boy snapped out of his trance and rested his arm on Pope's shoulder. "We're fine. They won't pull shit while Elle's here, i'm sure of it."

"Positive?" Pope said, his eyebrow arching.

JJ hesitated before replying. "Uh, yeah, man. Rafes like, in love with Elle, so.." He trailed off, as he glanced back at the girl who was with Kie.

She wore a blue and white, crocheted tank top, a pair of white shorts, and her white sneakers. Her hair was straightened with two small braids that trailed across the top of her head and down to the back of the hair. 

JJ watched as Elle's hand reached towards her neck. His heart skipped a beat when he realized what she was doing. She was touching the shark necklace. No matter how pissed of he was at her, and how mad she was at him, it warmed his heart knowing that no fight they went through could make Elle want to remove the thing that kept them bonded.

His focus drifted whilst they sat down. Kie pulled out a tie-dye blanket, (a surprise to no one) and Elle looked smiled as she pulled a sweatshirt over herself.

"Hey, Smelly, let's go get soda's." Kie said, grabbing onto the girl's arm. Elle laughed as she was pulled away by her friend. She'd always liked when Kie called her "Smelly" or "Smelly Ellie." It was something she'd always done. She felt comfort in that name.

The girls walked up to the concession stand. Elle's arm was wrapped around her own body as she awkwardly shifted in place. Kie confidently handed the worker some cash as Elle kept a look-out for Kooks.

Unfortunately, in the middle of Kooklandia, you're bait for the sharks.

"Yo, Elle!" Rafe called. His two friends, Kelce and Topper trailing not far behind. When the boy noticed Kie, he tipped his head as if he had a top hat on. "Kiara. How's it goin'?"

Kie rolled her eyes as she stepped closer to Elle, making sure that he wouldn't pull anything. "Was good until you showed up, Rafe. How are you?"

"You know..could be better." He mumbled, glancing back towards Elle. He leaned forward and tried whispering into her ear, but Kiara pulled her back.

The curly-haired girl raised an eyebrow at Rafe, who was now rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Tell your boyfriend's that we know what you did." He mumbled, glaring defiantly at Elle.

Elle knew about Kie's sexual identity, and was obviously cool with it, so Rafe saying these things made her mad. "Well," She started, turning to walk away. "Thanks for the message, Rafe. I'll be sure to let my boyfriend know."

The girls walked away, leaving with a puzzled look on Kie's face. "What did you guys do?" She asked, a sharp tone in her usual, chill,  voice.

"I'll tell you later." She mumbled, glancing back at Rafe and his friends, who were now arguing about something.