CHAPTER 50: Necklace

-

Old Man Ji laughed at his granddaughter trying to read him, "Little girl, don't even try it. You'll never be able to guess what the noble me is thinking"

Yue Ling: "..."

She could already guess what he was thinking. His expression said it all, but since she was a kind person, she'll not ruin his dignity.

Yue Ling nod her head, "Mm. No one can ever read you."

Hearing this, Old Man Ji stuck his chest out and his chin raised high.

Yue Ling press her lips together and smile.

"Young Miss, where should we put all of these?"

Both Yue Ling and old man Ji turned to Housekeeper Hu.

Housekeeper Hu and a young soldier around 19 years old held the shopping bags from Yue Ling's car. Well, more like the young soldier.

"Set it down there." Yue Ling stood from her seat and pointed to the empty sofa.

Housekeeper Hu and the young soldier did what Yue Ling asked.

Once everything was set down, Housekeeper Hu dismisses the young soldier.

Just when the young soldier was about to turn and leave, Yue Ling was reminded of something. She calls out to the young soldier.

"Ah, I just remember something. Hold on."

He turned around hesitantly and point a finger at himself, "Miss... y-you mean m-me?"

"Mm"

Yue Ling at this moment was checking inside each bag, trying to find something.

The young soldier felt as if his soul had left his body. Sweat starting to form on his smooth forehead. He gulped and thought,

'Oh god! I didn't take anything! I swear on my innocent life that I didn't steal anything from the Miss!'

Old Man Ji sat quietly and his lip curl upwards as he observe the situation.

Housekeeper Hu was just as confused as the young soldier. He wanted to say something but he was only a housekeeper, so he decided to keep quiet.

Seeing Yue Ling still rummaging through the bags, the young soldier became even more nervous. His lips tremble in fear. He didn't know what was going on.

"M-miss, I... t-this one didn't t-take a-anything."

Yue Ling glance at the boy indifferently, then she glance back to the bags.

While Yue Ling continued to find what she was looking for, everyone else, besides Old man Ji, stood nervously. Not just for the young soldier but for themselves as well.

After who knows how long, Yue Ling's eyes lit up and a smile appear across her face. She turn and face the young soldier.

Being looked at attentively, out of habit, the young soldier straighten his posture and takes one small step forward with both his hands at his side.

Looking like the real soldier he is.

Yue Ling arch a brow at the boy. She wanted to laugh, but seeing how he turned so seriously, she decided to play along.

She place both her hands behind her back and look the young soldier in the eyes.

Yue Ling: "Name."

Young soldier: "Xue Yi!"

Yue Ling: "How long have you've been in the army?"

Xue Yi: "12 months and 23 days! Miss!"

Yue Ling nod her head. She reached down for two shopping bags and handed it to Xue Yi.