I : His Return

A few months ago

Indoraptor's breath shuddered in his chest. It was his dying breath, and he knew it. He was terribly aware, and was left to consider his place in the world. An odd feeling in his heart pulled at him, making his last moments even more miserable. He then realized what he felt, it was an immense feeling of loneliness.

Why? He wondered. Then the answer came to him. Blue. I miss her. I never knew how much I needed her. But I'll never see here again, and who's fault is that? He hissed at himself mentally, too tired and pained to do so physically. Oh, shut up. He scolded the other part of himself. It's her fault, she's the freak. Human pet.

But you're as much as a human pet as she is. The other part of his mind reminded him. Indoraptor shook his head mentally, then coughed up a big wad of blood. It fell onto the ground with a heavy, compact splat. The remaining blood dripped down from his jaw like slow water droplets. The blood now formed a scarlet puddle on the ground below him. His legs finally gave out, and he buckled to the ground. His chin landed into the blood puddle, splashing onto his face. He let out a drained groan, squeezing his eyes shut in pain. He clenched his teeth.

He was done for, and he knew it.

Indoraptor let his eyes close, and he let go of his struggle. There was nothing left for him.

Present day

Blue ducked under a low hanging branch, escaping into the forest, the shadowy presence of barely distant events running after her, threatening to sink its claws into her and devour her alive at the very last moment and glimpse of safety. The place was far away now, and she jumped back a little, taken by surprise for a moment by the small ornithomimid that darted in front of her path. Blue wasn't yet used to the fact that all dinosaurs were finally free, just as she had dreamed to happen. But it didn't seem right.

There was something off, terribly off. Everything seemed wrong. Plain wrong.

But what? She asked herself, but no answer came no matter how hard she thought.

A rustling behind Blue made her whip around. She looked around frantically when she saw nothing where the sound came from. Then, she realized a leaf off a plant was shaking as if something had disturbed it. Or someone. But then suddenly, the shaking leaf jerked to an unnatural stop.

A shrill of fear ran through her muscles, making her feel the need to run as the presence of danger seemed to become stronger. But as much as her legs twitched to run, she found the rest of her body frozen and unable to move when her legs did.

Blue sensed something near, but it refused to show itself. No foliage moved, but the creature was definitely there in the forest with her. No piece of dirt stirred from below her feet. Nothing was around. There was no possible way. As much as a feared predator that she was, this went against all of her predatory instincts.

Then it all stopped. The feeling of danger, the feeling of something lurking, waiting to find her. It all vanished in a mere moment, leaving Blue confused, yet relieved. She took a step back, gave a warning growl to whatever had lurked, then turned tail and darted away into the forest. The fresh smell of water reached her senses, awakening her out of her miserable funk that she didn't even know was there. She had grown used to it ever since the original incident, and it only became worse for the second, more recent incident.

Blue raised her head, following the path of marshy grass towards the water source. The trees opened up to reveal a clearing, filled to the brim with dinosaurs. They all crouched and mingled around the glistening lake. This part was the only open part of the lake. The rest of it continued on into the forest. Blue decided to go into the forest, away from the huge mob of dinosaurs fighting each other for a spot. She pushed herself through the tightly packed trees, then dipped her head to the water to have a drink. It quenched her thirst for only a moment. Only now she realized how thirsty she was. She had been deprived of basic needs for too long hat she had gotten used to it. The sound of an approaching dinosaur made her perk up, and she couldn't help but feel a thrill of immature excitement when she recognized her friend, Rexy. The tyrannosaur had helped her defeat the awful beast, Indominus Rex. Since, Blue had tried to be close with her, but Rexy had preferred solitude and avoided Blue.

The tyrannosaurus glanced at her briefly, then ducked her head and took a drink from the lake. She raised her head as she swallowed the water, pausing for a moment before she drank again. Blue did the same, and her thirst eventually eased and she took a step back and mingled around the rex. She wound around the tyrannosaurs foot, and the big carnivore glared down at her. She chirped a greeting, ignoring the annoyed amber glare that followed her as she paced around. Suddenly, the odd dark presence came back, feeling stronger and stronger the more it appeared. Blue gave a hiss of surprise, whipping around from left to right, to left and right again.
Rexy watched her freakout with interest. She gave her head a cock to the side, which was something Blue recognized as a way of asking "What's wrong?"

Blue didn't know how to answer her question. It was nothing she could explain in motions or actions. Instead, she crouched down under Rexy's shadow, like a young dinosaur hiding under it's mother for protection when scared. The rex seemed to understand that she was scared, and that Blue couldn't tell her what she was scared of. The little raptor huffed, heading off to spend the day off by herself.

Later on

Blue's thoughts were crowded and filled with overwhelming amounts of darkness. She couldn't get her mind off of a certain someone, no matter how hard she tried. She lay awake all night, staring up at the sky. The strange presence was there again, wrapping around her when she lay down with her feathered tail curled around herself. It felt as though the presence was doing what she was doing, laying around her with a tail wrapped around her. It felt oddly comfortable and achingly familiar, but she didn't understand why. Whatever it was, Blue let it hang around. As she drifted off into sleep, her sense of conciousness was slipping away, and she let herself lean against the presence, which seemed to have become a real, solid being. And as Blue slipped into her complicated dreams, the being was there. She could see a faint outline of it in the darkness surrounding her. It blinked comforting amber eyes at her, and she could see a desperate longing in its gaze as it stared at her. Then the eyes closed and the silhouette of whatever was there, now faded in with the shadows.

And Blue jolted awake. She suddenly drew in a breath, feeling a weight on her shoulders as the eyes remained in her mind. She knew what this was. Or rather who is was. Her past beloved, the monster who she had sworn to never love again. And clearly, a part of herself was against her own wishes.