III : Cupid

!!! WARNING: S*ICIDAL THOUGHTS(?)

---

Flowers were starting to spread and bloom along his jaw. A couple more had fallen onto the ground in a seemingly endless loop of throw up flowers, scream in pain, repeat. Repeat, repeat, repeat. It didn't ever seem to stop. The flowers never stopped spreading. Blue would never love him. They spread again.

If he was fully alive, he would have died to blood loss already. All the blood was practically leaving a trail to follow, directly leading to him. As Indoraptor hunched over, his jaw hung open with a trickle of blood falling to the ground, he wondered if any of this was worth it. Why was he destined to remain dead and alive? He had suffered enough already, why couldn't it just end already? Why did he have to keep going? It wasn't fair. Indoraptor wanted nothing more than to be dead. Fully dead this time. Dead and forgotten. But it seemed too perfect to be a reality.

But it could happen. Blue would gladly get rid of him, right? She had done it before. He just needed to find her. He needed her help.

I don't care what one part of me thinks. It's all my fault, it's what Blue said. If she said it, then it's true. I'm a monster and that is all that I will ever be, he thought as he now lay on his side, staring blankly at the forest floor. I deserved all that pain. I deserve it now. Or maybe I should let myself suffer. I deserve this after all, right?

He rose to his legs weakly, placing each foot down gingerly on the forest floor. The flowers had stopped falling now, and he took a breath to fill his injured lungs. Indoraptor blinked in the early light of dawn, staring into the warm rays of the sun. Maybe I could change. I don't have to be the monstrous jerk who everyone hates, he thought. I can change for the better. Just because I was made from something bad, doesn't mean I have to be. Well, at least not anymore.

He breathed in the fresh, earthy air. He felt alive and hopeful. All he needed now was to find Blue.
Indoraptor pushed his way through the foliage, ducking under low hanging branches and brushing aside fronds. He noticed a couple dinosaurs sense his presence. A small feathered dinosaur ran past his path, giving a small squeak of fear when it realized he was there. Then a few seconds after, it came back and walked right through him, unaware. Indoraptor tipped his head in thought, then continued on. He realized that the weather was becoming colder. The air now held a cold tinge to it, along with the bursts of cold wind that went by.

Booming footsteps echoed through the forest, making the hyrbid raise his head in caution, his head swiveling around to find the newcomer. Then, a flash of tan through the trees. A tyrannosaur, he guessed, trekked through noisily. Following her was a smaller dinosaur with gray-blue feathers and brilliant blue highlights.
Indoraptor's heart stopped as he realized who she was, and he followed more slowly. As eager he was to have finally found her, he was hesitant. What would she have to say to him?

Then Blue took a different path from the tyrannosaurus, her eyes scanning the trees, focused intently. He watched as she slowed to a halt, watching a small animal wander about. Then she suddenly darted around a tree trunk, twisting around to seize the animal in her grasp. She bit down on the neck, then held it up in her jaws as she carried it away with her.
Indoraptor followed, and stepped on a small branch, which cracked under his weight. He froze when she whipped around, startled by the sudden sound. He walked closer. "Blue?"

Her eyes widened in shock, then she gave a warning growl, backing up a few paces. He stood still, watching her forlornly. Blue set down her prey below her.
"What are you doing here?" Although it was a question, she made it sound like a threat. "I don't want anything to do with you. I've been doing good with you gone."

"Blue," he started weakly, his voice already giving out. "I'm changing, Blue. I understand how you feel. I just want you to know that I'm better now."
Blue snorted, a sound so simple yet so devastating and bitter to Indoraptor's ears. "As if I'd believe that. I know what you are. You don't have any idea. I know what you are built from. The thing that you are can never change. All it is made for is killing."

"I can be good even if I'm related to someone bad," Indoraptor begged Blue, unable to stop the tears from forming in his eyes.
"Maybe," Blue negotiated slowly, her head tipped slightly. She suddenly met his eyes, a cold light in the gaze that was once comforting to Indoraptor. "But you've ruined that chance already."

He felt his heart shatter, and the tears that brimmed in his eyes finally fell, rolling down his cheek. As he opened his jaw in a wordless reply, he could taste the saltiness of the tears. He hadn't even realized he was crying until he tasted them.
"I don't want to ever love you again," Blue went on. "I can't stand how I feel for you."
"Please, Blue," he choked out in a broken whisper. "If you don't love me, then just kill me."

She was all he wanted. Just Blue. Blue, his only one true love. Why did love have to be so cruel?

Through his tear-blurred vision, he could briefly see Blue's eyes widen as she tensed. After a while, she gave a soft "what?" Her voice cracked slightly. "I can't do that."

"Please," he whispered. "You don't want anything to do with me, but it's the opposite for me towards you. If you don't love me, I don't want to be here. I don't have a purpose if I'm half dead-half alive, and the only thing that makes me value my life is you, but I can't have you."

A beat of silence. "So please, just kill me."

Another beat of silence.

Blue stood in silence. Not a word or a single movement. He could see how torn she was. Then finally, Blue shook her head. "No. I'm not going to kill you."
He blinked in surprise, his vision clearing with that. He met her gaze more clearly. She looked Indoraptor in the eyes solemnly.

"Come with me."

---

Blue dropped her prey gently in front of a feathery shape, which squeaked happily when she returned. The little bundle of feathers tore the food apart, chirping gratefully at Blue.
This was a baby velociraptor.
Blue's baby.
Love pulled at his heartstrings, watching the adorable little baby jump around. She was identical to her mother, he realized, as the baby wound around Blue's legs.
"She's.. adorable," Indoraptor murmured. Blue looked over at him. "I know. I was able to have her myself, that's why she looks so similar to me."

"Oh," Indoraptor said. "That makes sense."

Worry clouded Blue's gaze as she watched over her young one. "I'm just worried if she'll make it or not," she admitted sadly. "Winter's coming soon, and prey is already disappearing."
"Winter?" Asked Indoraptor. "What's that?"
Blue laughed. "Winter is when the weather gets really cold and the trees become bare. And snow falls on the ground."

"Snow?" He asked.
She laughed again. Does she enjoy my company? Is everything going to be okay now?
"Snow is white, cold, fluffy stuff. That's all I know, really. I never really saw much in my enclosure," she admitted, then she frowned sadly, the old memories pressing on her mind. Indoraptor leaned closer to her and tipped his head. "It's okay. Just remember that it's all in the past."

Silence between them, other than the gentle snores of Blue's baby.

Then Blue looked over at him, regret and sadness pictured perfectly in her expression. "How do I know I can love you again?" She breathed, tearing up a little. Indoraptor held her gaze, sad yet calm. "Because I'm not her."

Blue was silent again, and she looked away from him with a soft, sad sigh. "I hope that's true," she murmured. "Because if it is, you can regain your chance."

Indoraptor blinked, while Blue situated herself to go to sleep, curling herself around her daughter protectively. Indoraptor stayed awake a bit longer to watch the forest, then curled himself around Blue, although he was prety sure he was fading right now. But he didn't care. He was just happy to finally have Blue again.

But was it really this easy?