Chapter 12

"Miss Cabello," Detective Jonas placed the evidence bag onto the table and slid it into Camila's eye view. "Is this your ring?"

What. The. Fuck?

The dark-haired woman felt her heart drop to the pit of her stomach. It had been at least two weeks since she last saw that ring.

Michael Jauregui gifted it to her on her sixteenth birthday—a silent thank-you for putting up with his spoiled daughter and always helping her mother clean around their humongous house when she was free.

It was a simple gold band, but she loved it more than anything. She always felt like it symbolized him officially welcoming them into the family despite all of their differences.

She took it off before running herself a much deserved bath and figured it was lost somewhere in the depths of her dresser, but she was wrong.

Extremely fucking wrong.

"Where the hell did you get this?"

His smug little smirk returned to his face. "I'm going to ask you once again. Where were you the night of September fourth?"

Camila cocked her head to the side, not backing down from the fight. "Get me my goddamn lawyer,"

-

Lauren stood outside of Camila's front door, shifting her weight from one foot to the other. After finishing up dinner with the girls, she freshened herself up and made her way over.

She raised her hand to knock on the door when it suddenly swung open, revealing an angry looking Camila.

"Hi?" Lauren said hesitantly.

Camila grabbed her by the arm, dragging her into the apartment before pressing her up against the front door. "What game are you playing, Lauren?"

"W-What?"

Her entire body felt as if it was on fire. It had been days since she last saw the dark-haired woman and two seconds into seeing her again, she was already in a compromising position.

"I get that you hate me, but you took it way too fucking far this time,"

"Camila, what the hell are you going on about?" Lauren finally found her voice to speak. "We haven't spoken in days and this is what you call me over for?"

"Oh, fuck you. You've always had it out for me."

"I don't—"

Camila clamped her hand over Lauren's mouth upon hearing footsteps in the hallway. "Shh,"

Her eyes widened as she held her breath, waiting for whoever it was in the hall to get far enough before continuing her sentence.

"They have my ring," Camila whispered, scared that somebody could hear her. "The ring,"

"That's impossible,"

"Why the fuck would I be lying about something like this?"

"To piss me off!" Lauren shot back.

"Do you even hear yourself right now? Jesus Christ, you're mentally insane."

Lauren tried to wiggle out from beneath the dark-haired woman. "Get off of me, asshole,"

"Tell me the truth," Camila's voice wavered. "Did you kill him?"

"You have some fucking nerve to call me mentally insane and then accuse me of something like that."

"What am I supposed to think? You're the only person that's been in my—"

"I find that real hard to believe. Camila Cabello can suddenly keep her dick in her pants? The world is ending."