Chapter 15

Camila stood awkwardly in the middle of Lauren's kitchen, watching the raven-haired woman finish making their avocado toast. "Are you sure this isn't weird?"

"We'll be in and out of here before they even finish getting ready," Lauren fixed the hem of her skirt. "You're acting as if they have plans to crucify you,"

"Considering I've been fucking their best friend for the past four weeks now, can you really blame me?"

"What we do is none of their business," Lauren gave her a pointed look. "And they know that,"

Camila hungrily licked her lips as she scanned her cheerleading costume one more time. "What do we do?"

Lauren stopped spreading the avocado on the slice of bread for a split second, her cheeks turning red. "Thin ice, Cabello,"

"I didn't even do anything," she took a step closer and wrapped her arms around Lauren's waist from behind. "I just asked a simple question,"

"You're trying to seduce me for a quickie,"

"Seduce?" Camila feigned innocence.

"You know what I'm talking about," Lauren whined. "Just keep your grabby hands to yourself,"

"You're asking for a whole lot, princess," Camila nipped at her earlobe. "This costume is going to drive me crazy all night,"

Lauren held up the toast to Camila's mouth, encouraging her to take a bite. "We have more important things to worry about tonight other than getting your dick wet."

Camila turned the raven-haired woman around and pressed her against the kitchen counter, taking a small bite of the avocado toast. "We only have one suspect," she said. "It won't be that hard to keep an eye on him."

"In a room full of drunk college students? You'd be surprised,"

"So, you're going to prance around in a short little skirt all night long and I can't do anything but admire from afar?"

"The sex after will be much more rewarding if you think about it," she teased. "Plus—"

Dinah burst into the kitchen wearing a Harley Quinn costume, grinning madly at them. "Am I interrupting something? Ralph, I hope you realize Ally makes our food on that kitchen counter. Keep your Lolo lion off of it."

"Oh my God," Lauren dropped her head down embarrassingly and huffed. "Please just stop talking,"

"It's nice to meet you," Camila walked over to Dinah and held her hand out. "We haven't properly met before,"

Dinah shook her hand. "I can see why Lauren likes keeping you as her dirty look secret. One look in that little softball uniform and the girls are lining up."

"Dinah, leave the girl alone," Normani scolded her as she left out of the bathroom. "Don't mind her. She was dropped on the head as a baby."

"As I was saying," Dinah glared at Normani. "It's nice to finally talk to the woman who calmed down Medusa,"

"I am not—"

"Glad I could be of service," Camila interrupted the raven-haired woman, a smug smile on her face. "Are you guys going now?"

"Yeah, Ally is going to give us a ride since it's a little chilly out if you two want to tag along?" Normani extended the offer.

"No," Lauren is quick to answer. "We'll be fine. It's just a five-minute walk."

Normani eyed her suspiciously as she grabbed her coat off of the couch. "Okay, see you guys there then," she dragged Dinah out the front door before the blonde woman could say anything else embarrassing.