Chapter 6 - Uchiha Clan Massacred

The first thing that Minato registered was the loud, obnoxious music that blasted into his eardrums. When his eyes finally opened, he noted that the flashing multicolored lights were coming from the overhead lights rather than as an effect of time traveling.

And it was a good thing that they were only phantom beings of themselves; otherwise, his students would have long been trampled over by the crowd.

Minato did yearn for a change of pace to get away from the doom and gloom that seemed to follow one after another, but he certainly hadn't asked for this.

They had landed themselves in the middle of a bar or nightclub or wherever this place was called. With a hand on each of his student's shoulders, Minato pulled them away from the center of the dance floor all while trying to subtly distract Obito from looking at the people who were practically dry humping each other. It was only a product of Obito's curiosity, but Minato wasn't looking forward to having that talk with his genin student.

He needed to be a chunin before Minato would even think about breaching the subject.

Or preferably never, if Minato could help it. He would save that awkward experience for Naruto, so another ten or fifteen years of avoiding the problem.

Yup, that definitely sounded like a plan.

While Obito exhibited curiosity, Kakashi simply seemed completely unfazed by what was going around him. When they did happen to pass through a couple that was joined at the hip, Kakashi didn't give any outward reaction. In fact, Minato dared to say that his student looked even bored.

He didn't rule out the possibility that Kakashi already knew everything there was to know. Unlike Obito, he didn't have any remaining family members so Minato would have felt obligated to educate him in Sakumo's steed.

Minato let out a sigh of relief, partially at the thought of dodging a bullet and because they finally reached the bar, which was slightly less hectic than the dance floor. Plus the music wasn't as loud here, so Minato could actually hear himself think.

"Whoa Bakakashi, I didn't know you came to these kinds of places," Obito commented.

Kakashi shot him a glare. "I don't."

"Well your future self does," Obito argued back. "Every single time period we are in, you're always around, so you must be around here."

Obito was right and Kakashi knew it too, so he didn't bother arguing back. Instead, he began to scan the area. As the tallest one in the group, Minato had a better vantage point than his students so he used that to his advantage and began to sweep the area in hopes of spotting silver hair in the sea of mostly brown, black, and blond haired people. There was the occasional red head which instantly reminded Minato of Kushina, a few with blue hair, a handful of greens and oranges.

His eyes were drawn to a purple haired girl sitting in one of the corner booths; Minato had never seen hair color of that shade before. And it was just his luck that his ever elusive student was present.

Minato grinned, informing his students that he found future Kakashi. Trusting his students to keep up, Minato led the way, barreling straight through the crowd without any qualms.

Future Kakashi looked utterly bored. His hand held a glass of alcohol, but he resigned himself to only swishing around the alcohol. The glass never made it to his lips.