Chapter 8

When the light subsided, the first thing that Minato witnessed was future Kakashi speed walking towards the memorial stone with his two Anbu guards hustling after him. This time, future Kakashi was decked out in Hokage gear, including the robes and the hat.

Looks like they were back to seeing Hokage Kakashi.

Hokage Kakashi stopped in front of the memorial stone, his Anbu guards catching up to him three seconds later. Upon closer inspection, Minato recognized those two guards.

Purple hair. The Yugao girl. And brown hair. Possibly that Tenzo boy.

"Hokage sama, you can't just run off like that!"

"Maa, don't call me that, Tenzo. Just Kakashi is fine." So Minato had been right. A lighthearted feeling bubbled up inside him at the realization that future Kakashi really did find comrades that cared about him after all.

"Senpai, you're going to be late to your celebration."

Hokage Kakashi waved him off. "That can wait."

Tenzo sputtered. "But-"

Yugao was the one that cut in this time. "Kakashi taichou is always late anyways. Besides, I believe that he wants to inform Obito of the news. After all, becoming Hokage was his dream, wasn't it?"

Hokage Kakashi snapped his fingers. "Sharp as always, Yugao. But there is one more thing as well."

Hokage Kakashi knelt down at the base of the memorial stone. Lifting the hat from his head, he set it down in the grass next to him. Bowing his head, Hokage spent the next few moments paying his respects to the fallen.

Once he lifted his head back up, Hokage Kakashi reached in his robes, rummaging around for something before revealing that he had successfully retrieved a kunai. Confusion was very present among all of them at what Hokage Kakashi planned to do with that kunai, until they watched him lower the tip of the kunai to the granite base of the memorial stone.

"Whoa Hokage sama!" Tenzo interjected, quickly making his way to Hokage Kakashi's side. His hand grasped the Hokage's wrist, halting his movements. "What are you doing?"

Hokage Kakashi gave him the side eye. "What do you think I'm doing?"

"Why can't you just submit the name and let the people in charge of carving the names do it instead? You don't have to have to do it yourself."

The edge of his eyes crinkled, drawing Minato's attention to the fact that his left eye wasn't closed. In fact, his left eye was black?

What happened to the Sharingan?

"Ahh, the name that I want to carve would never get approved."

"Who?"

"Itachi Uchiha."

Utter silence. Shrugging Tenzo's grasp off of his wrist, Hokage Kakashi proceeded to messily carve Itachi's name into the granite.

Obito's mouth fell wide open, while Kakashi's forehead was creased, like he was deep in thought. At the moment, all they knew about Itachi Uchiha was that he had been the one to kill the entire Uchiha clan, yet there was at least ten years in between that incident to the current time.