Chapter 1

12 year old Sarada Uchiha has always been curious about her father and his past. The only thing she really knew about him was that he was the last surviving member of their clan. Well until she came along that is. She would try to learn more about her clan at the library but, everything was so vague.

Asking her father had always been out of the question, he would immediately dodge her questions and talk about something different. Not knowing about her clans past had been upsetting her lately. She never got to meet her grandparents or her uncle. Sarada was a very smart and clever girl like her mother but for some reason she couldn't figure out what happened to her clan. Had her father always so mysterious and kinda depressing? She desperately needed to know.

Boruto Uzumaki felt similar to Sarada, of course his parents were much more open to discussion but, his father is rarely home. He was also curious about Sasuke, his master. Boruto had always thought Sasuke was so cool ever since they first met. Boruto has heard the stories of the village hating his father because of the nine tails inside of him. He felt like that wasn't enough. He still wanted to know more.

"Hey mom, I'm going to the library! I'll be back before dinner!" Sarada said as she slipped her sandals on.

"Ok hun, I think your dad's coming home tonight!" Sakura said from the kitchen.

"Great! Bye mom!" Sarada said before running out the door.

Sarada headed for the library, on her way she saw a familiar blonde whoosh past her.

"Boruto!" She called

He stopped on a rooftop and looked at her with his usual grin.

"Hey Sarada! Where are you off to?" He asked

"The library, I'm going to see if I can find out more about my dad. You...wanna come?" She asked shyly.

"I've got a better idea!" Boruto said

With that he took off

Sarada followed his trail

He led her to some abandoned warehouse hidden far off in the village.

"What..what is this place?" She asked

"An abandoned warehouse, they store a bunch of junk in here. Maybe there's some old books or something." Boruto said as he opened the door.

The 2 kids enter the warehouse which was filled with boxes of all kinds of stuff, old ninja tools, uniforms, scrolls, books etcetera.

Sarada rummaged through the boxes looking for anything with the Uchiha crest on it. So far she found nothing.

"Anything yet?" She asked

"Nothing." Boruto said as he kicked a box.

Boruto heard a thump on the floor after he kicked the box. He picked up the mysterious object.

"A...turtle?" He asked as he examined the object.

Sarada walked up to him.

"It looks like a toy, it might be more than that. We probably shouldn't-" Sarada started but before she could finish Boruto had already turned the thing on.

The turtle poked its head out of the shell.

"Greetings, I am Karasuki. I am an artifact known to the Otsutsuki clan. I possess the ability to time travel." He said

Sarada and Boruto's eyes widen

"You..you can talk!?" Boruto asked in shock

"Time travel???" Sarada asked

"Yes, I am able to speak as well as time travel. However I require an immense amount of chakra to do so." Karasuki spoke.

"An immense amount of chakra huh?" Boruto thought

The blonde handed the turtle to Sarada and quickly ran off.

"Boruto! Wait!" Sarada called

"Just wait here, I'll be back!" He said

Sarada sighed

"Baka-Boruto" she said as she sat down on the floor.

The blonde arrived a little while later with a large amount of chakra on a red hook.

"B-Boruto? Where did you?" Sarada started but was cut off when Boruto gave the chakra to Karasuki. The 3 were quickly transported to a weird place that looked like another dimension.

"What time period would you like to go to?" Karasuki asked

"I don't think this is a good idea.." Sarada said

"The Hidden Leaf Village in the past!" Boruto said

"That's not specific enou-" Sarada started but was once again cut off when they were transported to another time period.

The 2 kids were thrown on top of the leaf village gates.

"Sarada...look...everything's so...different.." Boruto said

"Look at the Hokage monument it's only up to lord 5th!" Sarada pointed out.

The 2 stared out at the old village.

Then they heard a familiar voice

"Naruto!! Where are you going!?" A pink haired a girl with a red top and light pink skirt asked

"Mom." Sarada said softly

"I'm going after Sasuke!!" A spiky haired blonde with an orange and black sweatsuit shouted.

"Dad." Boruto said softly

Sarada was confused now

"G-going after...my dad??" She asked.