Chapter 12

The weather was a bit colder in Konoha, Sasuke finally decided to take Sarada to Itachi's grave. Sarada wasn't sure how to feel about it even though she had asked to see it. She was honestly a bit nervous and the nerves didn't go away once she saw the grave either.

"H-his grave is the where the battle took place?" Sarada asked as she gently ran her fingers across the crumbled Uchiha crest.

"This is the exact spot....where we had our last interaction." Sasuke said as he thought about the fight all those years ago. The memories came flooding back so quickly, the youngest Uchiha brother deeply missed Itachi. He wished things could've been different.

Sarada kneeled down and adjusted her glasses to read the head stone. Suddenly she felt a chill and it wasn't a normal one either. The preteen wondered if her uncle was with them watching closely as she looked over every detail of the grave site.

"Hey dad, do you think...if things were different...do you think uncle Itachi and I would've gotten along?" Sarada asked as she stood up slowly and patiently waited for her father's response.

"Sarada....he would've loved you." Sasuke said after a minute or 2 of silence.

"Really?" She asked

"Yeah, you know who else would've as well?" Sasuke asked

"Who?" Sarada asked

"My mother.." he said with a bit of sadness in his tone that he tried so hard to hide.

"What was she like? What were they all like?" Sarada asked as she sat down and looked at the view.

Sasuke sat down next to her "She was incredibly kind & loving, always there whenever I needed her. My father was a complete hard ass, I always thought he cared about his prodigy son more than me. He definitely made it seem that way until the day I finally perfected the Fire Ball jutsu." He started "Itachi....he took care of me...even more than my parents did sometimes...even though I never got to spend as much time with him as I wanted I don't regret the time we did spend together."

Suddenly Sasuke felt something hit him in the forehead, it was a leaf.

"How'd that happen!?" Sarada asked confused but then she saw something that she rarely ever saw. Her father's soft smile.

"Itachi." Sasuke said with the smallest chuckle

"Huh??" Sarada asked again

"He must be nearby, watching us." Sasuke said

"I felt a weird chill earlier, I thought maybe he was here.." Sarada said

"Yeah, he's here." Sasuke said with a soft smile

Sarada and Sasuke sat in silence for awhile just admiring the view. The Uchiha princess was deep in thought. She wished so deeply that she could've met her uncle and grandparents. She hadn't even met her mother's parents and they were still alive.

"I wish I could've met them." She said softly

Sasuke hugged her

"I know." He said

The two remained at the grave for a bit longer then they decided to head home.

Sakura hugged them both when they entered the apartment.

"Boruto was just here looking for you Sarada." She said

"Oh ok, I'll go find him. Thanks mom! See you guys later!" Sarada said before running out the door once again.

She found Boruto at the training grounds.

"Boruto!" She called

The blonde looked at her and smiled

"Hey!" He said

"My mom said you were looking for me?" Sarada asked

"Oh, right. Do you..regret going to the past?" He asked

"Huh?? I...no...why do you?" She asked with a bit of shock in her tone at the sudden question.

"I don't think so...it still feels weird knowing what actually happened back then. If that stuff didn't happen then maybe you and I wouldn't even be here." Boruto said

"I know, it's odd. I'm glad we got to experience it together though! Thanks Boruto for always being by my side!" Sarada said with a soft smile

Boruto grinned and hugged her, she happily hugged him back.

"I'll always be by your side Sarada!" He said

The end.

Finally got some kind of an ending for this story sorry it's kinda shitty lol thanks for reading ya'll!