Chapter 8

Boruto and Sarada made it home, they were back in the warehouse the moment before they found the turtle.

Sarada noticed how dark it was and her eyes widened

"Shit!! Mom's gonna kill me!! See you later Boruto!! Thanks for everything!!" She said before running off.

"Hey Sarada!! Wait!!" Boruto said

Sarada ran home as fast as she could, she busted through the door.

"I-I'm home!!" She said out of breath

"Oh, there you are Sarada! Dinners ready!" Sakura said

Sarada's eyes lit up

"Mama, I'm back." She said softly before entering the kitchen

Sakura placed the food on the table, Sarada looked over and saw him.

Sasuke looked back and noticed Sarada standing with her fists clenched to her chest, tears pouring down her face.

"Sarada.." Sasuke said softly

"Sarada? What's wrong?" Sakura asked with worry all over her face.

Sasuke stood up and walked over to Sarada, he bent down infront of her.

"Daddy!!" Sarada choked out before she threw herself into his arm...wait....arms!?

Sasuke hugged her tightly as she sobbed into his shoulder. Her body shook as so many emotions flooded through her.

He didn't want to let her go

"Ok! Can you two please explain what the hell is going on!?" Sakura asked trying to control her rage so she doesn't break their home......again...

Sasuke gave his wife a look and she settled down.

She sighed and sat down to eat.

Sarada slowly got out of Sasuke's grip and wiped her tears.

Sasuke placed his hand on her cheek and looked into her eyes.

His eyes were soft and loving again rather than dark and horrifying like they were before.

Sarada walked away and sat down to eat, Sasuke did the same.

"Um...sorry..m-mom I...just missed dad...a...a lot..." Sarada explained

"It's alright Sarada I understand." Sakura said with a slight smile

———————————————-

Boruto had made his way to the Hokage's office, he assumed his father would still be there like always. Of course he was there but it looked like he was getting ready to leave.

Naruto opened the door and was a little stunned to see his son standing there.

"Oh, hey Boruto." He said

"Dad!" Boruto said before hugging him

Naruto hugged him back

"Are you ok?" Naruto asked

"As ok as I can be....that was....a lot...to handle..." Boruto said

"Yeah, I know." Naruto said a bit sad

"Were you...coming home?" Boruto asked

"Oh, y-yeah. I'm trying to be more present with you guys. Sasuke is too." Naruto said

Boruto smiled

"Come on dad! Let's go home!" Boruto said before running off with Naruto following after locking his office door of course.

Unfortunately not everything was all sunshine and roses when they returned. Both Boruto and Sarada had horrible nightmares about the war. Especially Sarada, she saw that monster of a person that was like a shell of her father. The two never talked about their nightmares even with each other until one night. Boruto snuck in through Sarada's window.

Sarada looked over

"Boruto!? What are you doing here!?" She whispered

"I-I can't sleep! I keep having stupid nightmares." Boruto whispered

"You too huh?" She asked

Boruto looked away feeling embarrassed and ashamed.

Sarada gently patted her bed and Boruto slowly approached her. He laid in bed next to her and fell asleep. Sarada fell asleep a few minutes after.

Sarada had woken up just as the sun began to rise, this was the first time she didn't have a nightmare. She quickly got Boruto up and out of her room.

"Just come back later ok, my dad's gonna train with us today." She said softly

Boruto nodded before vanishing.

Sarada sighed and got ready for the day. She went downstairs to her mother making breakfast.

"Morning mom!" Sarada said

"Morning kiddo, guess you slept better last night?" She asked

Sarada blushed slightly

"Y-yeah." She said as she tried to hide her blush.

Sasuke came downstairs and sat down at the table.

"Hey dad." Sarada said

"Hey." He responded

Sakura handed them both plates of food.

"Thanks mom!" Sarada beamed

"Yeah, thanks." Sasuke said

Sakura grinned at them.

After breakfast Sarada ran outside to start training, she started by practicing her Kunai and shuriken throws. Sasuke watched her, suddenly Boruto appeared in a tree.

He jumped down

"Sasuke sensei!" He said

Sasuke just smirked

"Alright, you two ready?" Sasuke asked

"Yeah!" The two kids said at the same time

"We'll work on your dodging first." Sasuke said

Boruto and Sarada got ready.

Sasuke activated his chidori and ran at them.

The two couldn't move, they were shaking. Their eyes were wide and filled with fear as memories from the war quickly flashed through their minds. They were....traumatized....