three

c h a p t e r  t h r e e

IT WAS BRIGHT AND EARLY WHEN IYANA ARRIVED AT THE MUSEUM

IT WAS BRIGHT AND EARLY WHEN IYANA ARRIVED AT THE MUSEUM. Upon arriving she witnessed a few employees running around to place some final touches before they opened the doors to the public. Iyana had also wanted to arrive early to make sure to give the guides, manager of the museum, and other staff a brief tour of the museum before opening it to the public.

Standing in the first room of the exhibit, Iyana typed out an email out in response to one she got from her boss that morning about travel details for the Cairo trip. She was about to hit send when someone grabbed her attention.

"Oh! You must be Ana!" A female perky voice came from behind Iyana, mentioning her by the name she used with humans.

Iyana smiled and nodded at the short bustier woman in front of her all while shaking her hand.

"Yes, that would be me. You're Donna, the manager, right?" Iyana asked her question just to reassure her she was talking to the right person.

"Yes, I am. I have to say it is very nice to meet you. It's nice to put a name and voice to a face after our many long phone meetings. Anyways I'll meet you by the entrance in about ten minutes. The staff should be arriving about now and then we'll let you show us around."

Iyana nodded once again, agreeing with Donna that it was nice to meet already. She watched Donna walk off towards past the gift shop and around the corner towards the entrance.

The Eternal decided to give one quick lap through the exhibit to make sure everything was in place. As she strolled throughout the museum glancing at every piece of history in every exhibit, Iyana couldn't help but reflect back on the thousands years of life she had endured so far. Passing through a certain exhibit displaying the very material used for the Egyptian pyramids, the memory of Makkari teaching the Egyptians how to write came to mind. A fond smile pulled the corners of her lips up upon remembering such a historical event. Iyana was thankful for the guiding hand of the other Eternals when it had come to humans, especially the Egyptians. History alone had brought so much wonder and fascination from modern people and it allowed her and the others that have been on Earth for so long to reminisce old times.

Iyana's hand twitched as she wanted to reach for her cell phone and call Sersi, but the thought left her head quickly when Donna approached.

"Ah! There you are! The staff are all waiting by the entrance and are ready for the grand tour." Donna announced to Iyana as she approached her. "I truly can't wait to hear all that you have to say about the exhibit."

The Eternal at her side smiled kindly before responding, "I can't wait to tell you all about it."

UPON THE MUSEUM OPENING, IYANA FOUND SERSI AND SPRITE ENTERING. The three strolled through all the rooms for the exhibition all while reminiscing how they spent that days all those thousands of years ago. Sprite had ran ahead looking at a few other artifacts, granting Sersi and Iyana some privacy.