CHAPTER 11: THE STRANGE MORNING

◆Khushi's P.O.V.◆

"Why am I even crying?" I brushed the tears away while muttering things.

"He doesn't care. I shouldn't do it either.

 I only have to put up with him for the next two years. Then I'm free." Putting consolation words for myself didn't seem to work, but I didn't give up.

"I'll get a better man after the divorce."

The abrupt doorbell ring startled me, jolting me out of my reverie. I made sure I didn't look distraught by wiping my face with a handkerchief. Thanks to the expensive water-proof make-up products, my look didn't smudge.

Making a casual face and taking two deep breaths, I opened the door and discovered Uncle Hemant was with a waiter along with a food trolley.

"Ma'am, I'm sure you're worn out. Please have a meal and rest." Uncle Hemant smiled as he walked inside, followed by the waiter.

After the incident that had just transpired, I had no appetite left in my stomach. I simply desired to be alone. But then I assessed why I would sleep hungry because of that man who didn't even care. Thus, I didn't object.

The waiter took his leave after arranging the food on the table. I wished he hadn't noticed Darsh wasn't in my room because that could have sparked a rumour.

"Uncle Hemant?"

"Yes, my lady?"

"Did you eat your dinner?"

"No, not yet. After you're done, I'll go get it." 

"I can share mine. I can't eat all of these." I stated it while pointing to the several food plates on the table.

"That's not possible, My Lady. I can't dine with the owner." With a concerned expression on his face, he explained.

"Didn't you call me kid?

 And I refer to you as your uncle. So we are not owners and employees.

As a niece, I'd want to invite my uncle to supper. Please? "

"You're not getting it, Maam.

It's a Sinha family tradition. Servants are not permitted to dine with the proprietor." 

"Have dinner with me. It's an order from your boss. Okay?" I ordered with a raised tone of voice.

"Yes, my lady." He responded immediately, without thinking.

"All right, then, let's get started." I smiled, and he let out a sigh, caving in.

After we completed our dinner, Uncle Hemant greeted me with a "Good night" and exited the suite. I retired to my bed. Although, after what I had witnessed, it was hard to fall asleep.

*************

I woke up to the consistent ringing of my doorbell. Rubbing my eyes, I descended from the bed and walked towards the door.

As soon as I opened it, I was confronted by an enraged Darsh, who stood in front of me in a robe. Uncle Hemant stood behind him, apprehensive.