CHAPTER 12: WELCOME TO NEW HOME

It was my first time flying on a plane. Especially on a private jet. I couldn't believe Darsh had taken his private jet only to fly from Delhi to Kolkata and back. I was definitely getting a sense of how insanely wealthy my husband was.

I couldn't recall how many times I clung to Darsh since I was terrified the jet might crash at any moment, killing me. Particularly when it took off.

It was a bit humiliating at first, but it never got worse since Darsh never judged me. Instead, he sat right next to me, supporting me indirectly to make the experience less frightening for me.

Darsh earned even more of my respect. How could he not?

We were immediately surrounded by paparazzi as soon as we arrived at Delhi airport. Thanks to Darsh's bodyguards, who successfully prevented them from reaching us until we arrived safely at Darsh's matte black, luxurious car.

While Darsh and I sat in the back seat, Uncle Hemant took the seat beside the driver. And it began to move towards our destination, Darsh's house.

In a few hours, the vehicle neared a long, desolate road, where I spotted a vast gateway patrolled by two men.

Both of them saluted when they recognised our car. They probably opened the gate with Darsh in mind, and the automobile proceeded on its way, following the road. Long, well-maintained trees lined the two edges of the road. Many blossoming plants could be seen behind the trees.

After a while, my attention was diverted to a shade containing six distinct cars. Each one was from a well-known brand and appeared to be quite expensive.

Finally, the vehicle ground to a standstill. Darsh opened the door and departed, shutting it behind him before I could exit. Rolling my eyes, I reached for the other door when it opened on its own. For a brief while, I mistook it for Darsh.

"Khushi ma'am?" But it turned out to be Uncle Hemant who extended his arm to me. I got out of the car, clutching his hand. My sight pursued Darsh, who was a few feet ahead of us. And then the entrance caught my attention. I realised we were in front of a massive and magnificent mansion.

I rubbed my eyes twice.

It was a two-story white mansion with an expanded west wing and east wing. I nearly got blinded by the gleaming window glasses. The entryway was flanked by an enormous fountain and the main entrance was vast, with several tiny plants embellishing it. It was a place where people like me could only fantasise about living.

"Did we come to the incorrect address?" I inquired cautiously, turning to Uncle Hemant.

He chuckled before saying, "Haha, No, Maam. It is our master's residence, The Sinha Mansion."

"What?" My jaw hit the floor.

Am I really going to live in this palace-like house?

My parents were undeniably pleased when they returned from Delhi. I'm convinced they visited this mansion.

I felt a little dizzy, and everything in my vision began to blur. I could feel my body collapsing to the ground.

However, something else struck me instead of a concrete base. My head rested on someone's manly chest as two muscular arms embraced me closely. I could hear his heart, Luv-dub.

"Are you alright, Miss?" A melodious voice enquired. His voice had a worried tone to it.

My eyelids flickered awake, curious, and I glanced only to find a stunning young man. His troubled, charcoal-grey irises focused on mine. I returned his gaze, admiring his alluring features, until recognising the man was none other than superstar AKASH MALHOTRA. The prince of my dreams!