21

When Isabella's eyes fluttered open, she was blinded by the light.

She groaned and when her eyes finally adjusted, she noticed her brothers and sister rushing to her side.

"Izzy?" Kol asked suspiciously.

"Hi." She sat up on the couch and frowned when she saw all of her siblings frowning at her too, seemingly in confusion.

"Wh- what's happened?" She asked.

"Erm- hold on." Rebekah said as she turned around, grabbed something off a table and walked back over to her sister. She gave her a mirror.

Isabella's frown deepened even more but she took the mirror and reluctantly looked into it.

When she did, she was startled.

What was looking back at her wasn't the same face she recognised a few hours ago.

Her hand came up to her aged face and examined.

"How- what is going on?" She asked.

"Mother seemed to have aged you." Elijah announced.

Her head looked up toward them and her mouth hung open.

"You seem to be the same age as me." Rebekah said.

Isabella shook her head but when she stood up, memories hit her.

"Thomas. Don't hide from me! It's rude, you know!" Isabella laughed as she walked through the pedestrians down the streets of New York and continued her search for Thomas.

Using her hearing, she heard the slight laughter from him.

She smiled at the sound and sped over to it.

When she reached him, he had his back towards her.

"Boo!" She grabbed his waist and he jumped around and placed his hand over his heart, breathing heavily.

"Jesus christ, Bells. You almost gave me a heart attack!" He screamed, laughing soon after.

"You can't get a heart attack, Tommy. You're dead!" She reminded with a small grin on her face.

"Oh, shush." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and they began to walk down the street again, not paying attention to anyone around them.

"One day we're going to be alive again. I count on it." She smiled.

"You will be. I died, you didn't." He sadly said.

She shook her head, "I'm gonna find a way. I promise."

Thomas kissed the side of her head, smiling.

***

Chicago.

1920.

Isabella and Thomas wasn't even looking for her family when she noticed Rebekah.

After that, she began to follow her around for a few months.

And that also included following Niklaus and Rebekah's boyfriend: Stefan Salvatore.

She quickly deducted that Klaus had daggered Kol and Elijah, and obviously Finn.

She was annoyed over it but knew that she couldn't do anything about it.

They spent most of their time at 'Gloria's bar' so Isabella and Thomas spent most of their time their too.

She liked getting dressed up in appropriate clothing for the trends of that time so she had a golden dress that reached to her knees and her hair tied up with flowers.