your wings ❤️

This one may be slightly basic and not greatly written but who's gonna stop me?
Contains: Mentions of kidnapping and falling into water.
no thoughts head empty only flower husbands

The wind rushed loudly in the angel's ears as he plummeted towards the ground, his wings utterly useless. He couldn't feel anything except for a vague sense of mind-numbing terror, and the faint realization of the bitter irony of his fate.

The cyanette crashed into the pond with a massive splash. Bubbles rushed up against his skin, and with them, so did the darkness. The last thing he saw before he lost consciousness was a faint shimmer of sunlight reflecting off the water, moving further and further from his grasp.

————————

Consciousness came slowly.

His head hurt.

So did his body.

Why was he so sore?

Slowly, he peeled one eye open, closing it again quickly at the near-blinding light that greeted him.

"Hey, you all right?"

What

"That looked like a pretty hard fall. I brought you here to recover, but I can't imagine that was much fun."

Finally, mercifully, he was able to open his eyes and look at his surroundings without having an aneurysm.

He was lying on a large cot, wings held up uncontrollably by haphazard piles of pillows and a small table. The room was draped in all sorts of greens and yellows and stripped spruce logs held up a low roof.

What was most interesting, though, was the green-clad man sitting across from him.

"Here, I got you some potions. Drink up."

He blinked, slowly coming out of his delirium. "W-wha?"

"Oh, sorry." The man let out a nervous laugh. "I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Jimmy, how about you?"

"Scott." Scott answered, propping himself up on his elbows. "Where are we? How did I get here? Is-is this a kidnapping?" The anxious man in front of him didn't seem like he had ill intent, but one could never know. Scott was going to have to keep his guard up.

"I—this is the Cod Empire." Jimmy explained, nervously wringing his hands together. "You... fell, I guess, out of the sky. I happened to be nearby so I brought you here. To recover. Not a kidnapping, I promise."

It seemed a fairly reasonable explanation to Scott.

The Cod Empire. Already, a stream of everything he knew about the other kingdom was running through his brain, from their economy to the state of their armies, and almost immediately Scott concluded that the man in front of him was Not A Threat.

"I appreciate it." Scott admitted, sending a soft smile Jimmy's way. "But how did you get me here without touching my wings?"

Confusion and worry briefly flashed over the other man's face. "Was-was I not supposed to?"

"You aren't supposed to be able to. Only my soulmate can touch them." Scott frowned.

"Oh." His face turned very red, a stark contrast to his green fins. "Well."

"You..." Scott was suddenly aware of just how hot his face had gotten. "Well."

They stared at each other awkwardly, and Scott took another look at Jimmy.

His hair was light with strands of seaweed and a single yellow sunflower woven in, and his fins, which were where his ears should be, were green. A slight dusting of freckles covered the space right below gorgeous amber eyes, and Scott was suddenly hit with the realization that maybe it wouldn't be so bad if this man was his soulmate after all.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, I—"

"Don't worry about it, Jimmy." Scott interrupted. "It's not so bad if you're my soulmate, you know. At least you're cute."

If it was possible for Jimmy's face to get any redder, it did.

"You—" he laughed incredulously, sweeping his bangs out of his face. "Gods, I don't even know what to say. It feels like I've known you forever, and yet." Jimmy's eyes searched Scott's, brown on blue. "In a different life, maybe we were... us. It's weird, I don't really know how to describe it, but..."

"I think I know what you mean." Scott confided, leaning forwards to look at Jimmy. "Like, I can't shake the feeling that we've met before, and I can't really explain it, but—"

"This feels right." Jimmy finished. Their eyes met, and in that moment, Scott fell in love with the beautiful man in front of him.

"This time, we'll make sure it lasts." He whispered, taking Jimmy's hand in his own. "This time, it'll be okay."

Scott didn't know why he said those things, but he knew with his whole heart that they were true. He would make sure nothing could hurt them again.

Again?

Jimmy laughed softly and leaned forward to Scott so that their foreheads were almost touching. Scott wrapped his snow-white wings around them, creating a little cocoon.

In that moment, there was nothing else. No fear, no stress, no demons. Just Scott and Jimmy. Jimmy and Scott. And it was perfect.

This feels right.