Home? 🥀❤️

Tw: blood, violence

Scott fell to his knees on the ground with a gasp as the sword ripped through him, tearing through skin and bone. Just as quickly as it had entered, the blade was removed with a sickening squelch, and he could hear the raucous cheers of the Red Army celebrating their next kill.

It's me, Scott realized, bile rising into his throat. I'm their next kill.

He stared down at the pine needles, arms and vision trembling alike. The world blurred around him and his arms, which had him holding himself up on his hands and knees, failed, and he crashed to the ground once more. Scott could feel himself dying. As he lay in a pool of his own blood, gasping and wheezing like a fish out of water, he could feel it. He tried to move his fingers, just to make sure they were still there.

And there, through a blurry haze, a single yellow flower rested amid the dewey grass. Tears sprang to his eyes. He missed Jimmy.

"Thank you." He whispered to the flower, forcing each word out even as his lungs screamed in pain. He wasn't sure why he was thanking a dandelion, but what did it matter?

Scott closed his eyes and felt the world slip away.

Jimmy's humming grew louder in his ears.

————

Suddenly, he was falling.

"AAH!"

Scott flailed his arms wildly as he plummeted towards the ground. "No, no, no no no no-"

SPLASH.

Scott sat up in the pond, shivering and wet, his cyan hair positively dripping with water. He pulled his arms tighter around himself, unable to stop shaking, and looked around. A few paces away lay a mountain, and-

Wait. He knew this valley.

Just like that, all the hurt, all the pain, all the fear from the last year came flooding back to him. But this time, it was more like a cold, detached thing, no longer biting and tearing at him but simply there, like a caged tiger finally calm. Scott pushed himself up with one arm and stood on shaking legs, gazing at the hobbit hole. His home.

"How... am i alive?" He asked wonderingly. The chirping of birds was the only reply.

He walked slowly through the archway, his bare feet leaving dents in the soft ground. It was the hobbit hole, but... different. Better. It looked like...

"This is how i always wanted it to look, eventually." He realized out loud. "I just... ran out of time."

He stopped, eyes tracing the shape of the flower-filled valley. He almost expected to see someone else standing there, waiting; but no. He was alone. He was always alone.

"Scott?" called a wondering voice behind him.

Scott turned, eyes widening. "J-Jimmy?!"

"Hey, man!" His husband was there, he was there and standing not ten paces away and alive-no, not alive, but there, and suddenly Scott was aware of how bright the area was, how colorful, and how Jimmy was in it, the sun breaking through his smile just as he remembered. "I was wondering when you were gonna show up!"

"You're here." Scott replied distractedly, taking a step, then another, then another until he was standing close enough to reach out and pat his husband on the head. "How... I... is-is this..."

"This is it, man." Jimmy said, his voice soft. "The after."

"It's home?"

"Home!"

————

Hello everyone, I hope you liked the story! There will be a lot more coming up soon, school is out so I have no reason to keep procrastinating on bitter water lol, so you can expect to see more of that fairly quickly! Lyg, take care of yourselves <3