sick ❤️

(Sorry, I have no idea how to write a sick person haha-)

Scott woke up feeling more exhausted than usual, which he didn't think was quite fair. Nonetheless, as the crown prince of Rivendell, he had places to go and duties to attend to.

He got dressed reluctantly, stumbled down the stairs in what he hoped was a most regal fashion, and stepped out into the chilly morning air of Rivendell.

Hm. Scott sniffed the air. It seemed colder than normal.

Whatever. It was probably nothing.

What wasn't nothing was his morning exercise. Couldn't miss that.

He took off, soaring through the air to work his wings and ignoring the massive headache slowly building in his temples. But Scott didn't get very far-only to the Cod Empire-before a huge sneeze sent him tumbling out of the sky and into a shallow pond with a splash.

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH" he groaned, pushing himself up with his elbows and wiping pond scum from his face with a disgruntled noise. Everything hurt. He felt sensitive and tired and gross-

Oh. Oh no.

"Hey!" Came a far off shout. The Codfather came jogging up with a concerned look on his face. "You good?"

Scott broke down crying. "No, I'm not. I don't feel good. My head hurts and it's hard to breathe and I'm hot and cold at the same time! I've never been hot before! This. Is. Not. Natural." He sobbed in a nasally little Scottish voice.

Jimmy stared at him for a moment before shaking his head and pulling Scott out of the pond with a grimace, and when Scott slumped over again, picked him up superman style. "You're clearly sick, Scott."

"Wha?"

Jimmy grinned down at him, and Scott felt warmth rising to his cheeks. "Sick. But it's okay, you can stay here while I try and find a way to get you back to Rivendell. C'mere."

Scott found himself being carried into a small house a few feet away from the pond. Jimmy was warm, and from this close he could hear every thump of his heartbeat.

"Alright." Jimmy murmured softly. "I'm gonna set you down on that bed over there, okay, Scott?"

"But you're comfy?" Scott slurred deliriously.

Jimmy's face was red. That was funny.

"Thank you." He said, gently laying Scott down on the mattress. Scott made little grabby hands towards him and Jimmy paused, a smile creeping up his face.

"Scott, I gotta get you some soup." Jimmy was talking now. Scott liked hearing Jimmy talk. "And some tissues. You sound very congested."

"Congested." Scott found himself laughing at the word. "Ha. Hah."

Through a haze of exhaustion he could see Jimmy shake his head with a smile. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." Scott watched him leave. He missed him. He missed Jimmy. But he could wait, because waiting would make Jimmy happy and Scott liked it when Jimmy was happy.

He sneezed again, projecting a massive snot halfway across the room despite his elbow being in the correct position to limit the spread of germs. Ew.

"Alrighty." Jimmy ducked into the room, arms full of supplies. "Doing alright?"

"Yessssssssssssssssssssss."

"Good. Well, as you can see, I have some things..." he set down the items he was holding on a table and began to sort through them. "Got you some excellent mushroom stew. Here." He handed Scott a spoon and a steaming bowl of soup that did admittedly look very good. "And some tissues, and Katherine was able to make some sort of medicine..."

Scott found himself staring at Jimmy as he talked, losing track of the words he was saying. It was too easy to be distracted by his honey hair and beautiful eyes. And his cool scales. And some freckles. He was so pretty. Jimmy was pretty. Like a sunflower.

"What's wrong?!"

Scott blinked. Oh. He was crying again.

"I'm tired." He chugged the entire mushroom stew and immediately regretted it. "And I feel gross." He added, snuggling under the covers. Wow, this was comfortable. It wouldn't hurt just to close his eyes for a moment, would it?

"Oh..." Jimmy said sympathetically, then after a moment moved over to sit on the bed beside where Scott lay. He placed a hand on his forehead but didn't remove it even as he said,

"You're burning up. Hotter than I've ever felt you, anyways. It's okay, though; I have an ice pack."

Scott heard Jimmy rummage around, and then something cool was pressed onto his forehead, something comforting. It made him feel okay.

"I'm going to sleep now." Scott announced.

Jimmy laughed quietly. "That's awesome."

As the haze of unconsciousness swallowed him up, Scott could hear Jimmy humming. He felt gross and weird and bad, but Jimmy was there with his kind words and ice packs and mushroom stew, so he would be alright. He would be alright.